BT dunny - a clean drop

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:45
ThreadID: 120664 Views:3577 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Now that we have taken to the road with the van - we are becoming educated - For the dunny we bought some el cheapo paper towel, which we place in the bowl on top of the valve (fits perfectly) before the "bombing run". This stops any need to clean down the valve ( I learned fast, cause the cook said, you dropped it you clean it ).

I also noticed that the toilet flap valve should swing in under the hole - with the last movement of the flap being upward to seal the cassette off.( this is a water tight seal)

Initially it did this - but after I emptied the cassette I saw that one of the wires had been jammed by the female groove on top of the cassette, I moved it out of the way only to find that it would not seal ..........swing across - but wouldn't "click" up and seal.

Inspection revealed that a second wire had been interfering with the click and seal operation.

So check your dunny - rotate the flusher clockwise - which should close the valve over the hole, and then there should be a resistance and an audible clunk as the valve moves up and seals.

Probably the best way is to tip in a bit of water, which should pool ontop of the valve - if it disappears into the cassette then your valve isn't sealing.

Cracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:47

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:47
Cracker, You don't need to bother with paper on the valve, Just open it before settling down on the throne, then position said bum in the correct possy and bombs away, no need to clean anything if you are a good shot. Brian, Noosa Bushtrackers visiting Roger & Jackie
AnswerID: 562674

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:48

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:48
Seem to recall an earlier posting on this subject, and the recommendation was to mix up a little of your flushing chemical in a spray bottle, then before "the job" spray the bowl and valve......then there won't be any skid marks (for those who are not good shots, or the spicy curry/red wine mix produces loose scatter bombs). cheers.....................Rob
AnswerID: 562675

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:49

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:49
Hi Now that we are psuedo experts having lived aboard for almost a whole two months, why would you do your thing with the valve closed? Yuk! That would mean that anything - and we don't mean fairy floss - sitting on the black valve cover would be smeared every time you did your thing and then opened the valve. Why? Enjoy life; open the valve first! tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562676

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:50

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:50
I have taught the girls to do the same i.e. open and aim girls ... open and aim !! Sort of a ...Pilot to Bombadier ... we are over bombing position ...roger Captain opening bomb release hatch .... bombs away !!! [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562677

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:51

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2004 at 23:51
Much better idea to get a quality toilet installed in the first place. The Dometic VT2500 toilet system makes every other toilet system look like crap. I brought in one of these before they were available in Australia. I would never consider going back to any other antiquated system.
AnswerID: 562678

Our Sponsors