BATTS havent gone away!!

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:43
ThreadID: 120669 Views:3071 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all Have just returned from picking up 18' BT in June. We were able to take delivery a day early and spent a very restless night Wednesday 23rd. Everything went well on the day but wasn't sure about the upholstery colour. Other half said "Oh stop it, I'm sure that is the one I liked" Off we set for Brisbane and points south (Falls Creek, Melbourne) and it wasn't till we got to Adelaide that I found a photo of colour choices taken on ordering and you guessed it, wrong colour upholstery. Nobody else was fussed, in fact they said that this one was much better and commented that my choice was a bit way out there for them anyway. Headed up the Oodnadatta Track with BT and am most impressed. No dust inside van, plenty outside though and Webasto worked a treat. On all the time and not particularly noisy either. People with lesser vans had their generators going and the W. was less noisy than the gennies. Arrived in Darwin for the last weekend of our holiday and had many of the people in the c.p. walking by and looking us over. We were pretty filthy by this time too. Returned to Batchelor at 6pm last night and didn't want to turn into our street but we need to work up more funds for next jaunt. The boss was so bad he slept in the BT last night and refused to come inside! All up we covered over 10,000kms in the 3 weeks since delivery and the whole shebang has been brilliant both on the blacktop and off road. Angie, you will love it everything is so easy and so well made. Will get some photos up asap but nothing to compete with Jay and Jackie's. Am sitting gazing at BT through the window as I write this. Must go check inside again, just to make sure it is real. Prue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:45

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:45
Prue, thanks for the wonderful report. So glad the pickup went smoothly. Shame about the upholstery but I hope it is growing on you - maybe there is divine interference happening there. LOL. It's a wonder that you didn't sleep in the BT too the night you got home. We are so looking forward to the new lifestyle, but perhaps there will be times when we will wish to sleep in a normal house? If so, we will probably arrange to do a bit of housesitting. Hopefully that will be a long time off yet judging by the delighted faces of new owners and the sadness of those stuck at home with their BT in the driveway. I will look forward to seeing the photos as you get time to post them. Don't worry about competing with Jay and Jackie's just get them on the forum. All BT's look magnificent to me! LOL. Here is hoping that it is not too long that the BT sits in Batchelor and forgets what the open road is like. Angie 9 sleeps to go
AnswerID: 562701

Our Sponsors