To Geeza David

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:13
ThreadID: 120680 Views:29093 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
You often make technical type postings on this forum, and at times they are informative and helpful to our readers.
However we know nothing about you.
Can we assume from your e-mail address, landline_equipment@telstra.com
that you are a Telstra tech with some formal training.

Tell us about yourself, what type of van you have, what state you live in, the type of qualifications that enable you to give this advise.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:16

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:16
Turist, The answer you received was no doubt the answer you expected, told you nothing! Could this be a clone of Tartan_William or in fact the man himself. He also liked to beat his own drum. I'm all for the passing on of information and experiences, as this is how you learn and communicate to others, however I also believe that any technical information put forward in this or any other forum should be backed up by credentials so we may make the final choice on the paths we head down. Rick (Maverick2567)
AnswerID: 562754

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:17

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:17
This geezer is definitely not a straight shooter with a possible hidden
agenda, I for one have crossed him off my Xmas card list.
David

-----Original Message-----
From: maverick2567 [mailto:rick.filby@transport.alstom.com]
Sent: Thursday, 29 July 2004 7:49 AM
To: Bushtracker Owners Group
Subject: Re: To Geeza David

-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on Bushtracker Owners Group

Message 3 in Discussion

Turist, The answer you received was no doubt the answer you expected, told
you nothing! Could this be a clone of Tartan_William or in fact the man
himself. He also liked to beat his own drum. I'm all for the passing on of
information and experiences, as this is how you learn and communicate to
others, however I also believe that any technical information put forward in
this or any other forum should be backed up by credentials so we may make
the final choice on the paths we head down. Rick (Maverick2567)

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your
E-mail Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/bushtrackerownersgroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the 'Remove' link below. On
the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click 'Send'. Your
e-mail address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:bushtrackerownersgroup-remove@groups.msn.com

AnswerID: 562755

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:18

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:18
G'day GD, The very few qualifications I have I'm proud of .... and so should you be !!! To be intimidated by a vanning internet forum doesnt set you well for the setbacks we all come across from time to time. Hard shell, soft interior ...this is why turtles do well on the net ! [grin] Even though we have caravans the Bushtracker Owners Group is a toally different species to the caravanners forum. In the vanners forum you got thrown into a raging trial by fire ....here we burn you slowly til crisp !!! [IsmellAbarbyGrin] I have marked your entry/foray into the BOG, exam ... Content - 8/10 Presentation 4/10 Works well with others 3/10 Respects the opinion of others 4/10 Listens well in class - to be marked at future date. [SalutiferousWink] Regards Anthony (Bach of Self-Appointed Expertism-Well Meaning. Hons) Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562756

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:19

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:19
oh well, I will not bother replying to a group of trash.
AnswerID: 562757

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:20

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:20
Hang in there GD, my boofhead mate & I (and I suspect quite a few others) enjoy your contributions. They are concise and informative, without all the flim flam. Don't want to know where you live or what type of van you have! We hear enough of that from a few other contributors. Gawd I bet I'm in trouble again! Cheers, Kate.
AnswerID: 562758

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:21

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:21
Katie,Katie, Your post was a little obtuse ...measure used ...your standard !! <Hang in there GD, my boofhead mate & I (and I suspect quite a few others) enjoy your contributions.> The above was 85% purile banter ...should have read ... I enjoy your contributions. <They are concise and informative, without all the flim flam. Don't want to know where you live or what type of van you have! We hear enough of that from a few other contributors.> The above was flim flam to benchmark flim flam ....with a small jibe at others who like their BT's !! Could have been ... Your posts are concise and informative ... <Gawd I bet I'm in trouble again...> This was flim flamic, purilic banter again ...with little concision !! Gee ! You set yourself tough standards with words like purile banter and flim flam coming from others .... so its no PB or FF from you ... surely !! [smile] Regards Anthony (No sig on this post as I might be extolling the virtues of a BT or promoting them against the spirit of altruistic purile banter ...Sigh !!! )
AnswerID: 562759

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:22

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:22
Tony, Tony, Very selective with your critiques and to whom you apply them aren't you? A touch of premature obfuscation perhaps? (Grins limply). And Tony, it's peurile, not purile! Tsk, tsk. Perhaps a little self examination is in order! Kate
AnswerID: 562760

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:23

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:23
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 562761

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:24

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:24
I deleted above post ...syntax error !! Better now ..... Katie Matey, A bit of self-examination might be just the thing for this boy huh !! [grin] My wife wont let me touch my body ...sumthin about it being HER temple !!! [winkOfEunuch] One thing is for sure I'd better start using a spell checker or at least keep a dictionary handy ....or the spelling police will shoot and ask questions later !! This is more like it Kate ! Social interaction (formerly purile(sp) banter) is ok. Some of us enjoy it ..without it the BOG is just a salute to Stoicism. You could say ... then its just a "Stolid BOG" !!! (I still got it ! [smile]) Anthony (Yes ! The Sig is Back!) Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562762

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:25

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:25
Oh Tony, You do have a way about you. What is it with you men, every thing has to be so, well...physical! There are other planes you know. Anyway, does this mean we could be almost friends? Boof & I are within minor haggling distance of an immaculate well equipped BT 18'. Yes, will soon be fully fledged BOGers. Oh come on, lets!! Kate.
AnswerID: 562763

Reply By: Wadefarers - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:26

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:26
Only one comment about this. If you are going to correct someone's spelling then at least get it RIGHT. Puerile (please check the dictionary) is the correct spelling of the word. I wont add the tsk tsk just to be polite. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 562764

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:27

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:27
And I thought my case was bullet proof! It has to be to venture an opinion here! When will I learn. Boof reckons never! I stand corrected, Jeff. The Concice Oxford agrees. Kate.
AnswerID: 562765

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:28

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:28
Jeff, Yeah thanks pal ! [smile] I was using puerile as the word of the week in my mails and seeing as Principal Kate corrected it I used her version !!! AAAAAARrrrrggghhh ! Oh well ! No loss ...its many a time I've been led up the garden path ..round the corner ...and into a dark alley by the fairer sex !!! [VivaMensLiberationGrin] I'm ripping the cellophane off a Macquarie as I type !! [wink] Oh look Kate ! It has an inscription inside the cover ... Be careful using this book .... If civil engineering was as perilous as social engineering you'd be wise to never cross a bridge. Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562766

Reply By: Andy1 - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:29

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:29
We all have qualifications of a sort. Some from Acredited Universities and some from the University of Life. It is not qualifications but rather value of input to the forum that matters. Personally I enjoy the contributions from Geeza David on both this site & the Caravaners Forum, not necessarily because he is the font of all knowledge but because he provides stimulation for discussions & very much because the links that he inserts can be of enormous value. We have already chased Collyn off our site, lets not continue down this path but rather welcome contributions which stimulate discussion. Andy
AnswerID: 562767

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:30

Thursday, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:30
Andy, That's hitting the nail right on the head! Excellent ! I too would like to see both Geeza David's and Collyn's contributions return. ...............Rob
AnswerID: 562768

Our Sponsors