Safe journey home to Oz - Buck & Babe

Submitted: Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:34
ThreadID: 120682 Views:3268 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Angie & Ivan, Travel well fellow boggers - our thoughts and good wishes for a safe and pleasant journey home to Australia. We're going to miss your bi-line of "...sleeps to go" ....will be looking forward to the updates of 'where we are now..." Best wishes, Helen & John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:36

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:36
Thanks Helen and John, We are very tired at the moment and today promises to be full of emotion as we leave a great work environment. There is an Aussie BBQ farewell to complement the English Afternoon Tea we were given by staff last week. As I said to the them in my last newsletter entry, I find myself in a bitter/sweet frame of mind. Sweet because I know what we are heading towards, and although Bitter isn't the right word, we also know what we are leaving and are sad at having so many nice people we will find it difficult to say goodbye to. But it is definitely time, and so we are looking forward to getting on the plane tomorrow and heading back home via a very long day in Hong Kong. Ivan has been learning Chinese and I just hope we dont get arrested in HK for him saying the wrong thing. LOL. Then of course on Monday we pick up the Effie and on Wednesday try to find out from the BT factory when we can expect to take delivery of the van. See, exciting times in store. Whether we have the van or not, we are anticipating meeting up with everyone at Copeton, and perhaps some members before then and in the meantime having a well deserved rest in between travelling down to Tassie and back so that we at least look a little more sociable when faced with all the Boggers. Angie 1 sleep to go until we fly out.
AnswerID: 562784

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:37

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:37
A short update ... Angie called me today ...they are safely in Oz (arrived yesterday) and picked up their F250 today ... they were the two people driving along Gympie Rd Bris with smiles on their faces like rats with a new gold tooth (each) !! [smile] They only commissioned a mobile phone today so it might be some time before they get online again. They are both excited to be home but jetlag has caught up with them. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562785

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:38

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:38
Anthony, Thanks was wondering how they are going Macka
AnswerID: 562786

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:39

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:39
We're baaaaaack!!! Thanks Anthony for letting everyone know. We have only just managed to get near an internet cafe as the last couple of days have been a real whirlwind. But we are doing great and having lots of fun with our new toys. Picked up the F250 and it is HUGE!!! We are delighted with it, and for some reason it has proved to be a real panacea for Ivan's bad back that he picked up when in London Heathrow passing through security. Went to pick up a laptop and out it went. Very painful and not a happy chappy. Certainly not excited about 2 days of travel in a small seat on the plane. But lots of smiles now as he drives his monster about. I however, have had to deem myself very lucky to get behind the wheel for 5 minutes in the supermarket carpark the other day. That will be remedied. Went to the factory at Bushtracker today and saw our frame. Bewdiful. Took photos but can't attach them from here sorry. But will do so hopefully soon. Looks like the van will be running close to time after all so we should have it for Copeton. That is of course wonderful news for us as we are technically homeless. Anyway, this is just a quick report as we have to go and pick up the F250 from Sound in Motion now after having some other toys fitted today. Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Wil be back in touch soon. Babe and Buck.
AnswerID: 562787

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:40

Friday, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:40
Now that you have had it for awhile, what do you think of the Effie. I hear about too noisy,lousy finish etc. What is your experience.

Barrie
AnswerID: 562788

Our Sponsors