Voltage drop at Fridge

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 08, 2004 at 23:43
ThreadID: 120697 Views:3401 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In other topics it has been discussed about voltage drop at the fridge. I believe that the wires that BTi use are heavy enough to carry the required current to the fridge, and they are visibly heavier than what the short lead is coming from the fridge. Mine only has a 0.3 volt drop, so I am happy with that. What I would be interested to know is what the voltage drop is at the compressor just at the point where the fridge starts to cycle and the extra power is required to start the compressor. When I was having trouble with my fridge Waeco told me to test this and it was then that I found that there is at least 1.5 volts drop for a short time. In my case this was causing the voltage to drop below the minimum required to operate the fridge and hence it kept turning itself off, and was unable to run when the battery voltage was 12.3 volts or below. I ha I have ordered my new fridge today, mainly due to problems with the lower hinge area no longer being strong enough to support it while on rough roads. My daughter will be able to make good use of the fridge in a static position so it should last many years now that I have sorted out the problems with it. My new fridge is still the HDC 190 because the better one that Griff has in his van requires a larger cavity that what I have available. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Sep 09, 2004 at 11:35

Thursday, Sep 09, 2004 at 11:35
Hi everyone, Just want to know how you good people calculate voltage drop with a different metal hehe! like gold!! he!!he!! or does weight have somethun to do with it. Macka
AnswerID: 562872

Our Sponsors