Leaking Around the door

Submitted: Friday, Aug 20, 2004 at 23:34
ThreadID: 121399 Views:3997 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. We have developed a rather alarming leak under the door of our van during any sort of rain. Rang BTi and they suggested we "have a look up top for anything obvious". Been there and done that with nothing obvious, and the leak is heavy enough to soak a couple of bath towels in a few minutes!!! The water appears to be coming from under the door seal on the door opening side, and runs out onto the floor. I reckon it is osmosing down the wall from somewhere under the awning, but where? Has any one else had this problem at all? We are more than ready with the silicon gun each time it looks like rain, but as we are headiung to Tassie after Copeton, we want to have this thing fixed first! (Rains more there than here!) I can't get on the net any other day other than Friday for a very short time, so if any one has an answer to this problem, could they kindly ring 02 65678210 and leave a message for Jan or Easy. Thanks in advance! Cheers from Jan O PS Will be calling up all you Abrolga experts at Copeton as we STILL can't get any reception here after sending the thing back for reprogramming!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Aug 21, 2004 at 06:56

Saturday, Aug 21, 2004 at 06:56
We had a leak from our awning as well. Could I suggest that you get on a ladder and push down on the roof material and see if a gap opens up umder the awning. Ours did and it would only leak when the weight of heavy rain laying on the roof pushed it down and opened up a gap. It wouldn't leak in light rain or with a hose running on it. I filled the gap with silicon and it hasn't leaked since. I might add that the awning was put on by a Melbourne Aussie Traveller rep who has since got the sack. Brian, NoosaBushtrackers
AnswerID: 564812

Our Sponsors