Report from Copeton Dam

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 07:52
ThreadID: 121418 Views:3319 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I received this report from a friend who has just spent a few days at Copeton Dam and will be returning there for our rally. Unfortunately this Kiwi has a Boroma Caravan and it is equipped similar to our BT's, and I am sure that BT owners will welcome them to join in our activities. We have now left Copeton Dam and tonight we are up at Crows Nest north of Toowoomba. Copeton Bay was fantastic, but there are a few things that you may wish to pass onto the bushtracker owners attending the get together next week. 1- If Boggers are planning to put down matting in their awnings, it may be advisable for several of them to bring ( and share around) some type of bamboo broom or similar to rake up all the kangaroo poo, before they put down their matting - there is heaps of it down at Copeton Bay and when it gets wet - yuck!! 2- There are lots of taps down at Copeton Bay, but the water is untreated - straight from the lake I guess. Treated water suitable for drinking is available from two taps, 2 kms back down the road outside the bunkroom and laundry at the actual caravan park. Boggers may need to bring suitable containers to collect the drinking water if they do not fancy drinking the water from the taps at Copeton Bay. Its great for washing your hair though - no chemicals - soft hair!! We should arrive back at Copeton Dam late Thursday afternoon next week. Bye for now Smillie Henderson Hendo1944
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 03:12

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 03:12
Re Copeton Dam In addition to the message above. When you arrive at Copeton Dam you will be given a large pink label, showing your leaving date - just be a bit careful where you adhere the label, as they are difficult to remove (thank goodness for eucalyptus oil.) We put our sticker on our back bumper and have a very pink blotch there now. Next time it will be stuck on a plastic bag and tied to the van. And who ever it was on the boggers site who, some time ago, was hoping for rain before next week to bring the lake level up, it rained there Sunday night, which softened all the kangaroo poo on the ground, bu the lake level still was along way away!! regards Hendo
AnswerID: 564897

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 04:14

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2004 at 04:14
Thanks Hendo ...all info gratefully received ! Regards Anthony Explore this Great land ...Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 564898

Our Sponsors