Double Glazed Camec Windows

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 29, 2004 at 02:08
ThreadID: 121445 Views:4564 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
While at the Copeton Rally we had Smilie and Grant Henderson as guests with their Boroma Caravan, and I was impressed with the double Glazed galaxy windows that they have in their van. It is the same window as fitted to all of our vans on the outside, but the inside has another flat section glued to where the textured section of the window is. This gives a double glazed affect that should reduce heat transfer, and also noise.

On our way home I called in at Camec, and the double glazed windows are available as a factory option when ordering and on Henderson's van cost an additional $350 for the van.

When Camec rang back they said that as most staff are not aware of where to find the details on same to quote a code *9270* to get into the screen on their system where they are located.

The prices quoted were
343 x 1138 $132.00
528 x 1487 $213.70
149 x 894 $62.25
149 x 1155 $90.00
She was unable to say if this was just for the flat section of then entire inner and outer window, but I suspect that as the Hendersons only had to pay an additional $350 for an entire van that they are for both the inner and out glazing.

I think that they would be a worth while thing to consider when purchasing a new van.
For everyone else who already have their vans, and would like to go down the double glazed route, it might be better to try a local glazier for a price.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 03:34

Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 03:34
We met up with brand new Bushtracker owners Steve & Leith, ex Mandurah WA residents and now Aussie Explorers in the local Noosa Caravan Park, and they have the Camec double Glazed windows fitted to their van. They will be joining the forum shortly.

Typical Bushtracker Owners, we walked towards their door and the voice from inside yelled out "Come on IN" That lead to an inspection of their van and later in the afternoon they came and inspected our van and stayed for a BBQ tea.

At the time of the Copeton Rally, BTi were not aware of these double glazed windows, and now they are apparently an option for new buyers.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 564937

Our Sponsors