New DVD and Photo Store in One = Fotobar

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 30, 2004 at 20:16
ThreadID: 121456 Views:8527 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

Just before Copeton we changed tvs from an Orion VCR/TV combo to a LCD Screen which lost us the ability to play tapes for the kids.

I was going to mount a seperate DVD player in the BT to play their DVDs ....video connected via A-V into lcd screen and audio in Alpine system in BT via AUX input. All standard stuff !!!

While telling a mate yesterday he said "Hang on I got something in the car you might like !". He came back with one of these !!!

Have a look at ...

http://www.12am.com.au/?id=827

Its called a Fotobar ... and does the following plus more (see site for full features) plays DVDs ...has a docking port for all storage media e.g. Smart Media from camera. A CD burner ... which means I can remove media from camera and plug it into Fotobar ..place in a blank CD and press one button and it burns contents of media onto cd. Media is now empty to place back into camera. I will finally have a large photo storage ability.

For me this is a great way to store pics whilst in BT (no laptop) and I get to play DVD's output to lcd screeen ...Unit is fully portable and about the size of a modem !
Cost was (mate paid) $350 +GST + delivery = $400 approx

Check out what you get in the kit ...full of leads ..charger ...carry case etc

Regards
Anthony

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cobradave - Saturday, Oct 02, 2004 at 03:23

Saturday, Oct 02, 2004 at 03:23
Looks like a great solution for those without a laptop or DVD player.
AnswerID: 564955

Follow Up By: Keith & Joan - Saturday, Oct 02, 2004 at 08:00

Saturday, Oct 02, 2004 at 08:00
G'Day CobraDave 2, I noticed in the picture of your BT, you have a satellite TV dish. As we are about to order our new BT on the 11th, I am looking around for any information I can get on Sat: TV, Sat:Broadband internet connections, and Sat phone. Can you tell me what syatem you have got, and if you are happy with it or not. I have been looking at www.smartsat.com.au and like the idea of having it all automated. ( it finds the Satellite and locks on, and dish folds down onto roof when not in use.) I have also had a look at www.campersat.com.au and they are selling units built by Videosat for $1495. Have you had any dealings with these companies. Steve (BTI)has suggested the Abrolga, but i have read some horrific reports from other Boggers about this product. Any info from anybody would be very useful. Thanks very much. Keith & Joan. jkf4447@bigpond.com
FollowupID: 843910

Reply By: Cobradave - Saturday, Oct 02, 2004 at 16:43

Saturday, Oct 02, 2004 at 16:43
Hello Keith and Joan,
Check your mail.
AnswerID: 564956

Our Sponsors