Lake Menindee area

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 02:53
ThreadID: 121461 Views:4516 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

Now to get back to caravanning - next week after our training course with Great Divide Adventures (Vic Widman) we are heading for Menindee through the back roads. Anyone been there? Any suggestions?

Jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 05:33

Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 05:33
Jay, they have great wood for fires there, but just be careful where you light them. We had a fire with lots of nice coals going on the river bank a few years back and the ranger came and ordered us to put it out. It was so hot that it took about a dozen buckets of water to put it out and he stood and watched while we did it.

With the drought it may be a bit dry and dusty in that area, but the roads won't be a problem for a Bushtracker..

Good luck with the training course. It will be interesting to see your reports on the training.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 564970

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 23:42

Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 23:42
Jay,
Travelled through the area in early August 2004. Stayed on black-top as I don't have a Bushtracker (yes, I am jealous). Quite a few campsites along River Road in Kinchega N/P south of Menindee; the black soil can be very sticky after rain and yes the Rangers are active. Lake Menindee was bone dry and the Darling was very low. If considering a caravan park, take care; nice locations but advise you do a quick walk through the C/P first. Not sure of your route, but Mungo and Mutawinjti N/P's are sensational.
Ian
AnswerID: 564971

Reply By: Bato - Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 21:11

Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 21:11
Gday Jay & Jackie,Mungo is a great place to visit.If you want to spend time in civilization Mildura is a great town to visit.
Cya Keith & Sue
Bato Keith & Susan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 564972

Our Sponsors