iPod problem

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 21:09
ThreadID: 121463 Views:4509 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This message is for all those iPod owners. I have a 20GB iPod and am having trouble getting it to transmit through FM radio. It makes a weakish connection on 88.3MHz and then loses it. I am using a Belkin TuneCast II mobile FM transmitter which should enable me to play the iPod through the car or home stereo but alas and alack no.

Suggestions?

Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 23:09

Sunday, Oct 03, 2004 at 23:09
Angie,

I dont own an iPod (yet) but I remember reading sumthin about the Monster brand FM transmitter/charger I was going to purchase with the iPod.

Was along the lines of .... a particular freq at a particular time might have some interference and alter the transmit quality (to bad) on that freq. The Monster FM transmitter had 8 freq to choose from ...and the instructions said to change freq if this occured. Is it bad on all freq the Belkin has ?? The Monster had 8 small buttons to change frequencies ....

Anthony

AnswerID: 564976

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 00:40

Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 00:40
Angie,

Told you that you should have stuck with the old technology (CDs) that us dummies can operate. {smile}

What is the weather like out west. It is a lovely sunny 25C day here and we have just got out of pool.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 564977

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 22:00

Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 22:00
Anthony, the Belkin doesn't have pre-sets. I can programme 4 settings of my own choosing, the trouble is finding them stable enough to choose them in the first place. I did find an iPod discussion forum and will pose the question there and see if they can help. Thanks anyway.

Brian, yes you warned me. And I did listen, but didn't quite have enough gadgets to keep me company out here on the sheep station. 17kms to the mail box which gets delivered Thursdays. Nearest neighbour is 1 hours drive away and the only company I have is Ivan playing the bagpipes out in the yard, 2 work dogs, 2 feral cats, 2 goldfish and 5 billion flies. No satellite TV, but plenty of country music to keep me company. Thank goodness for the internet despite it being a little unreliable in the connection at times.

Angie
AnswerID: 564978

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 00:06

Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 00:06
Angie wrote ...

17kms to the mail box which gets delivered Thursdays. Nearest neighbour is 1 hours drive away and the only company I have is Ivan playing the bagpipes out in the yard, 2 work dogs, 2 feral cats, 2 goldfish and 5 billion flies. No satellite TV

Thank the stars you are in a BT ....and can hitch it up when the above gets a bit cloying .... [fly-swattin'Grin]

I imagine the bagpipes keep the feral cats and working dogs away ... shame they dont work on flies !!! [smile] You could try humming the Moretein ad theme ...the "Louie the fly" one !

BTW ..know how the Belkin works now ..thanks ...still cant help ya though ,sorry ! The iPod area I use is ..www.ipodlounge .com

Anthony

FollowupID: 843915

Our Sponsors