I Formed My Own Sub-Sub-Committee !!

Submitted: Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 19:47
ThreadID: 121467 Views:4344 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

I know this is way ahead and I might not get there but ....

For next years rally I was going to try and secure two best quality fishing rods and spinning reels as prizes for a Casting Competition. One for best Mens Cast and one for best Ladies Cast. Hopefully Shimano reels and Gary Howard hand made custom rods.

The mens competition rig would be a 6 inch Alvey, a 12ft fibreglass rod, 30kg line and about a 5/8 ball sinker.

The ladies competition rig would be a 5 inch Alvey, a 10 ft fibreglass rod, 20kg line and a 1/2 inch sinker .... with proper technique this rig should cast further than the mens rig ...less line and runner friction for a start, tighter spool spiral etc, we'll see !

Rules are simple ...stand behind a line in the dirt and chuck the sinker as far away as you can .... longest distance wins ... you only get two casts on comp day. No run ups ... I might even draw a box in the dirt and feet have to stay in it.

Alcohol and food is permitted in the comp area. No drunken sailors permitted.

Bring your own smelly fish if you need a good sniff of that to cast further.

Guys ... no loud farting in the casting area it might enhance distance.

Jeering from the ladies is not permitted until the cast is in the air.

A massage from Ivan before the event is not permitted only after. It would be considered performance enhancing.

The use of life coaches, motivational speakers or bikini clad femme de 20yr old rod holders is not permitted.

Placing your partner in the casting area for better aiming is not permitted. It might enhance your distance and you might miss.

I'll get onto the prizes at time progresses.

Regards
Anthony

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 19:49

Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 19:49
Woops ! Last line should read ....

I'll get onto the prizes as time progresses.

Anthony

AnswerID: 564985

Follow Up By: Cobradave - Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 22:07

Monday, Oct 04, 2004 at 22:07
I guess your corrected text was referring to the "bikini clad femme de 20yr old rod holders " as prizes ?
FollowupID: 843918

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 00:51

Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 00:51
Dave,

I met Cindy when she was a bikini clad 18 yr old and still seems the same to me ... shes the only rod holder "I" need !! And no !!! I dont need laser eye surgey !! [smile]

Be very quiet ..I'm hunting for a Fotobar in next months budget !! SHhhhhh ! Dont say nuffin !! I've already sent the first three lines only of this post to her as an e-mail .... with an added line ..see what I write about you in a forum !!!

Couple more of them and I can order it sooner than expected !!!

Anthony
FollowupID: 843919

Reply By: Cobradave - Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 01:06

Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 01:06
Anthony,

The Fotobar looks perfect for your application, would be the cheapest solution in your case and without doubt the least painful. Go for it dude.

Had a nice visit yesterday arvo from Keith and Joan who live a few minutes away.

AnswerID: 564986

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 06:44

Tuesday, Oct 05, 2004 at 06:44
Sounds Good to me. Some of the others might find it interesting to see you and Cindy, as you put it, {Cindy holding your rod}.

A few years ago we went to a fun weekend in Victoria for Vietnam Vets and they had competitions between the various clubs. Maybe we could have a competition between say 4 representatives from each state and compete for a trophy . Some of the competitions that they had was throwing a gumboot onto a stump, a golf ball through a hoop, a horse shoe closest to peg, all silly games to get people to join in and get to know each other.

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 564987

Our Sponsors