Web Site Changes

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 14, 2004 at 19:58
ThreadID: 121510 Views:3905 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

Here is a summary of what I think needs to be changed, comments?

1. We need to be able to turn off the feature that sends us an email everytime there is a posting to a thread we started. It is clogging my in box.

2. Chat feature

3. Ability to choose text fonts, color, and utilize emoticons.

4. Eliminate pics of each "poster's" rig - those are graphics which take a long time to load. Those of us "on the road" are linking through mobile phones and the time it takes to load the graphics is wasted money.

5. It seems when you post a reply in the private forum and it is completed you are sent back to the public forum - at least that has happened to me. Again, on a mobile phone to then have to reload the private forum is a waste of time and money.

Jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 14, 2004 at 21:36

Thursday, Oct 14, 2004 at 21:36
Jay,

Your stuff between start/end ...

Start
1. We need to be able to turn off the feature that sends us an email everytime there is a posting to a thread we started. It is clogging my in box.
End

People on the road might prefer most times to grab replies via mail rather than via web browser ..then use browser at net cafes etc. So obviously you mean on an individual basis via "my profile" or similar ....not a blanket turn off. Sounds good to me but might be hard to implement ?

Start
2. Chat feature
End

I'm neutral on this one ...the old chat room was not used all that often. If changes cost ... leave this til last ?

Start
3. Ability to choose text fonts, color, and utilize emoticons.
End

First two good for emphasis .... and third might tell us the members emotional state ? [smile] Do we need that ? [smile] Signed ...Depressed !

Start
4. Eliminate pics of each "poster's" rig - those are graphics which take a long time to load. Those of us "on the road" are linking through mobile phones and the time it takes to load the graphics is wasted money.
End

Cant browsers be switched to text only !!! I know you're in love with my rig and cant stand looking at it anymore !! [GreenSmirkySmile]

I'm easy either way !

Start
5. It seems when you post a reply in the private forum and it is completed you are sent back to the public forum - at least that has happened to me. Again, on a mobile phone to then have to reload the private forum is a waste of time and money.
End

Sensible option but maybe not easy to do ... once again the site administrator needs to advise here.

Regards
Anthony

AnswerID: 565115

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Oct 16, 2004 at 03:23

Saturday, Oct 16, 2004 at 03:23
A further limitation pertains to the manner of uploading pictures.

You go into My Home and then follow the instructions.

The first problem is that you have no ability to edit the order of a particular album. You must upload the last of the series first as the most recent uploaded is the one that is first in the group.

Secondly, you cannot edit any titles.

Finally, each time you upload one picture, every picture you have uploaded is displayed. Much too much graphics being constantly loaded. Takes forever!!

Of course, if you have broadband, no problem. However, no way with a mobile or with a normal dial-up.

This function needs to be redesigned.

I am probably going to delete most of my older photos because I cannot sit through all of them loading every time I want to add a picture.

Jay
AnswerID: 565116

Our Sponsors