Simplicity suspension

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:38
ThreadID: 121520 Views:4492 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have replaced the Simplicity leaf springs in my BT as they were tired and flat. For those with well worn BT's, I suggest that you also check the curvature of the spring pack and ensure that there a healthy looking curve to them. The process was not difficult, buying them was a matter of a phone call to the Qld dealer who had them rail freighted from Mexico to me within a couple of days.

I spent a 1/2 day on it, wheels off, jack up chassis, unbolt the old ones and slide in the new ones, torquing the retaining nuts up to 200 nM, that's all there is to it.

I am having the replaced leaf packs re-sprung to original specs for $40 each at King Springs, Gold Coast.

Hope that gives some confidence to anyone wondering what to do if stuck in the bush on your own with a broken spring and wondering what to do about it.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:29

Tuesday, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:29
How much did it lift the van Dave? And did you have to do another alignment after replacing the springs?
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565141

Reply By: Cobradave - Tuesday, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:37

Tuesday, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:37
Hi Brian,
It lifted the BT by 80 mm. I haven't tackled the alignment yet but I have a chassis alignment diagram and will measure and make the necessary adjustments soon.

AnswerID: 565142

Our Sponsors