Are they talking about us ?

Submitted: Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 03:34
ThreadID: 121531 Views:9099 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:06

Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:06
I also saw this on the other forums and all I can say is;
If he is the finance editor of the Courier Mail, then heaven help the paper. Their readers of that section of the paper wouldn't want to take much notice of what he says. He has printed so much rot in the article that I don't think he is even worth sending an e-mail to.

He appears to be one of those pedestrian council protestors that wants to get rid of all 4WD's and caravans. Obviously hasn't driven a 4WD lately when he says how slow they are, and claims they are even slower towing caravans. If the truth is known, most 4WDs can probably tow a caravan faster than your Faclcon or Commodore type vehicles.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565173

Follow Up By: Cobradave - Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:38

Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:38
Brian,
I thought it was so rediculous that it was funny and laughed so much while reading it. Of course it's not worthy of a response.
FollowupID: 843989

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 15:54

Monday, Oct 25, 2004 at 15:54
Well fellas he managed to push my button and I sent him off an email. Amongst other things I told him I wouldn't pi** on him if he was on fire. Agree with Brian about his employer allowing him to publish such discrimitary rubbish Somebody should sue the paper.........(where's Jay???).

We Australians used to be tolerant but crap like this only helps to make us more self centered. Then that is not what jounalism is all about is it?. Never solve problems, just create them and then we make more money. Most people are not stupid though and can see through the nonsense and still place jounalists at the bottom rung of social acceptabily.

Apologies to any BOG journalists. If you have the good sense to operate a BT then obviously you are not among the forementioned.

Maybe when the media ownership rules are abandoned shortlly and the paper is bought out by probably a Yankee outfit, neanderthals like the business editor will be flushed down the gurgler where they belongs.

Ernie
AnswerID: 565174

Follow Up By:- Wednesday, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:37

Wednesday, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:37
Yeah I agree with that however the neanderthals who will buy NewsCorp don't even know the difference between a roo and a wallaby.
regards
macka
FollowupID: 843990

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Oct 27, 2004 at 22:57

Wednesday, Oct 27, 2004 at 22:57
Don't expect anything but totally distorted politically correct garbage from the American media.
AnswerID: 565175

Follow Up By: Cobradave - Wednesday, Oct 27, 2004 at 23:27

Wednesday, Oct 27, 2004 at 23:27
And all the losers who don't hold Newscorp stock probably hold a similarly biased anti-American view.
FollowupID: 843991

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Oct 30, 2004 at 21:55

Saturday, Oct 30, 2004 at 21:55
Surgvet

News Corp has just started the move to the USA - why the shot from left field?

I have just read the "trash" written in an "important" QLD paper and frankly I am amazed that the managing editor allowed such dribble.

On a business note, if the grey nomads read the article and previously subscribed, one would hope for a reduction in the paper's subscriptions.

Jay
AnswerID: 565176

Our Sponsors