awning deployment

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:15
ThreadID: 121541 Views:4175 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
we were talking to a bt owner on the weekend & he mentioned that they carried a small ( 5 ft) aluminium ladder mainly to access the aussie traveller awning how do all you others deal with the problem
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:26

Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:26
Hello Stephen & Deborah
Depends on how vertically challanged you are. I use the Fiamma stool for the awning but I carry a lightweight 6 foot step ladder to clean the solar panels. A 6 footer would be a minimum to do this job. Some people climb onto their vehicle but a step ladder is much safer. If you do a lot of bush camping you will need to keep the panels clean. You'd be surprised the number of times other vanners have borrowed it.

Cheers
Ernie
AnswerID: 565209

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:28

Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:28
Same thing here !! Also makes it easy to clean rear camera lens and tops of windows outside, hang outside light if necessary, clean windscreen of vehicle etc. Cindy, being tall enough, stands on the steps to undo that clip and hold frame for extension outwards ...I have ladder at other end.

I have mine on hooks hanging from roof in cargo bay.
I intend making a slide for it to go in and out instead of lifting off hooks ..back aint what it used to be ...too much jiggling !

Anthony
AnswerID: 565210

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:57

Thursday, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:57
Elevations and awnings.

I used to have one of those Bailey Gemini three step ladders that are 170mm thick when folded. There's always the temptation to stand on the top of it as I saw someone do at Copeton. Quite dangerous!
In a rural supply place in Biloela Q I found a much better jobbie. A three step Seda Task Master. It has a safety bar that ensures safety when standing on top step - the bar is just under knee height. The ladder when folded flat is only 45mm thick. 330wide at top and 540 at bottom. It is 1420mm long. It would be easy to make a sliderail for the top of the storage locker - Thanks for the suggestion Anthony - I'll do that.

The suppliers are Dindas Lew Aust. Pty.ltd 43 Wandall Road, Tingalpa Qld 4173.
Ph. (07) 3249 9888 Fax (07) 3390 8382. Cost about $70.

If you want to see the ultimate caravan ladder ask Griffyn to tell you about the telescopic one he got from USA.

Cheers .......Rob.........."Leaving on next trip soon"
AnswerID: 565211

Our Sponsors