emailing/communications

Submitted: Friday, Oct 29, 2004 at 16:00
ThreadID: 121544 Views:9136 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This may be of interest to anyone who wants to send/receive emails independently of location.
I have been using a Pocketmal device which I synchronize with my laptop for emailing via pay phones around the country. This has worked well in the past as we can find pay phones well beyond mobile phone coverage. I now have a Globalstar GSP1600 satellite/CDMA phone which works with the Pocketmail device to transmit emails via satellite. http://www.globalstar.com.au/
The cost is almost the same as for using a mobile phone, the benefit is obviously the ultimate independence for emailing and general communications when in remote areas.
I bet that has some of you thinking !

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boystoy - Monday, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:14

Monday, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:14
Hi David,

Do you have any more details, or can you point me in the appropriate direction for more info on your system?

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565215

Reply By: Cobradave - Monday, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:23

Monday, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:23
Neil,
All you have to do is buy a pocketmail device, read all about it here: www.pocketmail.com.au
and a Globalstar GSP1600 satellite/CDMA phone.
It's fairly easy to set up and use. Pocketmail have 1-800 numbers in Australia and excellent customer service.
I'm leaving tomorrow for a month ttravelling through the S.A. deserts and will use my pocketmail access while away. You can contact me on outbacksamsons@pocketmail.com.au if you have specific questions.

AnswerID: 565216

Our Sponsors