ALTERNATIVE THRONE

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 02, 2004 at 07:45
ThreadID: 121555 Views:3742 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This little gem came from another site(CMCA)

Don't know much about vacuum toilets but a colleague of mine who had an industrial
unit in Frankston in the days when they were built with no facilities was talked into a
gas powered toilet. Sounds real good! Nothing wrong with gas!
No water, no sewers and no plumbing, The heat developed in the unit evaporated all
liquid and turned solids into ash. All was then pretty sterile and the ash pan only
needed to be emptied once a month. At only a handful of dollars per month it was
very affordable and very practical.
A little while after the installation my mate emerged white faced from the new
cabinet which unbeknownst to him had a faulty lid switch and while he was seated
upon the throne he had idly pushed the "Go Button". He managed with great
difficulty to mumble "That has to go, it's blown my bum off"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 19:09

Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 19:09
The following was sent by Bogger John who is still having difficulties in posting.

Yes these gas toilets work quite well. I used one while working at a mine site in a city water supply area where no waste disposal of any sort was permitted. And yes, you had to be sure that you were not in the seated position when pressing the button! Could be a fire hazard in the BT.

Bogger John
(wots that burning smell Mildred????)
AnswerID: 565247

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 23:32

Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 23:32
And I was told by an acquaintance who did a stint in Antarctica that they used them there for environmental reasons.

The trick was to give it a flash before sitting, to stop your b*m from freezing to the seat!
[That'sacomfygrin]

Ken
AnswerID: 565248

Our Sponsors