LPG GAS BOTTLES-NEW REGULATION

Submitted: Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 14:38
ThreadID: 121562 Views:4016 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy all,
I was told by a camping shop owner yesterday that a new mandatory regulation will come into force shortly. A blanking plug will have to be screwed into the valve outlet to stop gas escaping from a leaky valve. They will be made of brass and cost $6. If you don't have one you won't get the bottle filled. This is the washup from a car fire in BNE some time ago.

I wonder if acetylene bottles will be included or all those smaller LPG containers or disposable LPG containers.

Looks to me like another knee jerk reaction from some beauracrats trying to justify their existance. One accident and the whole world has to change. Any leaking fuel is hazardous so what about all the other fuel containers where the fuel is held in by a valve. I wonder if it will be an all states requirement or just QLD.
Stay tuned folks

Ernie (oh for the simple life again)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 03:32

Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 03:32
Ernie,

In my delivered cylinders(Brisbane) they have sealing plugs installed ... for about 10 yrs that I can remember. Maybe they have to be brass now because even a small flame at the plug will melt plastic version obviously.

I dont know how it happened but two of these lovely plugs with tether cords jumped from the delivered cylinders to my BT gas bottles ....and the plain plugs in my BT bottles walked to the delivered cylinders.

Spatial cosmic injunctionary, inverberational, polyreactoid, polyethylene shift in the threaded whopper stopper, neutro-vertical alignment ...most likely !!

Anthony

AnswerID: 565275

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:12

Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:12
Anthony,
Maybe if your delivered cyclinders arrive with brass plugs, they may also prefer life on the smaller BT cylinders. [smile]
Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 844081

Our Sponsors