Van air filter

Submitted: Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 20:51
ThreadID: 121563 Views:8802 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I saw an interesting air filter fitted to a Kedron caravan. I was a snorkel complete with glass cyclone on top. The snokel was fitted to the front of the van. Entry point into the van was qite low and extended to roof level much the same as in a car. I wonder if it was feeding clean air to some sort of motor. Rita didnt allow me to talk to the owner as we usualy gas bag for hours

Vidas
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dazmit - Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 21:20

Friday, Nov 05, 2004 at 21:20
Hi Vidas

I saw that van out at the Kedron factory the other day. Inside the boot was a large canister aircleaner being fed from the snorkel which in turn went to a ventilation fan unit from a motor vehicle which supplied clean air to pressurise the inside of the van to prevent dust entry. Apparently the owner does a lot of prospecting & spends a lot of time on dirt roads.

The theory is good - didn't get to talk to the owner though.

Cheers

Darryl
Brisbane
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kedron_owners_group/
AnswerID: 565276

Follow Up By:- Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 03:18

Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 03:18
I seen this done to a few canopies but never a van. Obviously you would have to size the airflow to the amount of air leaking out to keep a very slight positive pressure. The filter has to be able to filter the fine bulldust particle size out as well.

We use this principle in surgery theatre ... positive pressure in the theatre by having well sealed doors with a slight positive pressure stops bacteria entering. The slight down flow also stops particles rising up near the table height and therefore near scrubbed pre-surgical areas.
Thats the theory anyway ...

Jay was having this done to his F250 pod ..by the canopy builder I believe ?

Vidas,

My wife and I have a deal ...I can talk for an equal amount of time she spends shopping. At least mine doesnt hurt the credit card !!! (Smile)

Anthony

FollowupID: 844082

Reply By: Kimbo - Sunday, Nov 07, 2004 at 05:33

Sunday, Nov 07, 2004 at 05:33
Mmmm what an interesting subject
Maybe we can sit around here and talk for hours :)))))
regards
Kimbo
AnswerID: 565277

Our Sponsors