King size bed

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 08:27
ThreadID: 121567 Views:4863 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Can anyone give an opinion / view / advice regarding fitting a king size bed in a BT. We are looking at a 20 ft rig. I appreciate it takes up more room, uses up valuable storage / hanging space etc but there is a reason why we are seriously considering it.

Are there many examples around? Pros / cons / opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim & Maggie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 11:37

Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 11:37
Our queen size bed is in the back of the van, and has room for a bedhead/storage box. If we dispensed with that, the bed would be the full width of the van. The queen size is adequated for my king sized husband and slightly overweight me. Being sideways at the rear of the van rather than island bed, it is over the cut-away, but still has a huge storage area underneath. Our BT is an 18'. Bed our size would still give adequate living space if van was only 16' - so i don't see any problem having a king size in a 20'. You will just have more storage space underneath a bigger bed.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565286

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 21:53

Saturday, Nov 06, 2004 at 21:53
Jim & Maggie,
Instead of saying King sized bed, which gives extra length and width, why don't you just get BTi to make the bed to the dimensions that you want. We have a full queen sized bed, but really we don't require the extra width, and we might have been better having a queen sized length and normal double sized width. I am pretty sure you can have a bed whatever dimensions that you require. BTi just get a mattress custom made to suit.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565287

Reply By: jandm - Wednesday, Nov 10, 2004 at 08:27

Wednesday, Nov 10, 2004 at 08:27
Thanks for the replies Motherhen and Brian - I appreciate yourt thoughts. They have given us some more food for thought.

Jim & Maggie
AnswerID: 565288

Our Sponsors