2005 Rally

Submitted: Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 04:58
ThreadID: 121580 Views:4467 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Where is Copeton?

As extremely new members of the BOG, we would love to be at the next Rally to learn lots from the experienced BT owners about their 'vans and equipment - this on-line Forum is great but face to face or in-van "inspections" would be far more enlightening.

But where is Copeton?
Cannot find it in our Oz Atlas or in any of our maps or those at the larger Newsagent handling maps for all over Aust!!

Mind you, we are on the far west coast 100km south of Perth.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 05:58

Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 05:58
Copeton Waters State Park is about 40km South West of Inverell in NSW. If you "Google" Copeton Waters, you will find a nuumber of links.
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565321

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 06:04

Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 06:04
Copeton Dam is about 40 km south west of Inverell in northern NSW. If you have a look at the Hema Road Atlas on page 25, E-8 and you will see Inverell and the Dam is just below that.

We had one van from Perth there this year.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 565322

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 06:47

Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 06:47
G'day Paca People,

Welcome to BOG. If you are planning a major shakedown trip for 05, then why not include Copeton from 16-23 Sept. If it lives up to the 04 event, you'll meet lots of new friends, learn heaps about Bushtrackers and where they've been, and have a great time.

Copeton was the first we had been to as we were on the road and committed elsewhere for Cania Gorge 03, the first BOG Rally.

At sometime in the future maybe our good managers will come up with a venue so that the Westies don't have to travel so far!

See you at Copeton..............Cheers.............Rob & Liz

PS We'll be over your way in 06. Planning a western loop and Rob has a sister living in Dunsborough.
AnswerID: 565323

Follow Up By: The paca people - Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 10:00

Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 10:00
Hi Rob & LIz, and all the other BOGGERS who filled in the missing map details for us about Copeton - Thanks.

1. We will certainly try to get to the Sept 2005 Rally at Copeton NSW but that rather depends on finding another reliable long term farm-sitter.

2. Why not a "local chapter" mini-Rally for the far West BT owners some time in mid 2005 for, say the June long weekend, at somewhere like Peaceful Bay or Kalbrri to get to know the other WA members plus any of the eastern staters who maybe passing by?

Any thoughts people?

Cheers from Martin & Christine
Rosedene Alpacas,
Bouvard (98km south of Perth and right near the coast) .
FollowupID: 844098

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:33

Friday, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:33
Great to see another West Australian bushtracker. We don't see many over here, although there are a few members spread across WA
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 565324

Our Sponsors