Anderson plugs and water crossings

Submitted: Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 03:42
ThreadID: 121590 Views:4715 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We take delivery of our 18 ft bushtracker in December and I have recently fitted an Anderson plug to my Landcruiser that I intend to use for both teh Bushtracker and a power winch on my boat trailer ( pity I can't tow both at once).

Has anyone had experience in crossing rivers with the Anderson plug, with or without a bushtracker on tow. Have you had any problems with the Anderson plug shorting out, as they have plenty of openeings for the water to get in, particularly if you are not towing anything at the time.

If you have had problems have you any potential solutions.

Thanks,

Michael and Margaret
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 03:54

Monday, Nov 15, 2004 at 03:54
Frove our F250 towing our van through the King Edward River in the Kimberleys with Anderson plug connected to van and NO PROBLEMS at all. (See my picture below)

I can't see that it would be any different to having your normal trailer plug underwater, and I have never heard of them having problems either.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565355

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Friday, Nov 19, 2004 at 19:16

Friday, Nov 19, 2004 at 19:16
Hi Michael and Margaret,

We have 100 series LC and live in the NT. As you can imagine it gets pretty damp here around Dec to Apr and our main road is regularly under water. We have never had any probs with the plug shorting or anything else. I think a certain person in our household carried out the ultimate test when he drowned the car last year while out doing a little 4x4 work, (literally drowned) and the A plug was one of the few things that DIDN'T need replacing on the car.
Prue
AnswerID: 565356

Our Sponsors