Submitted: Thursday, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:56
ThreadID: 121600 Views:4320 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
brian margaret
i notice the photo of your dust / wind deflector
how effective is it
did it come from bti
$$$

i also notice photos elsewhere of shade cloth strung between the tow vechicle & the van with various perfomance claims anybodywith experience in this area
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Nov 18, 2004 at 23:18

Thursday, Nov 18, 2004 at 23:18
The wind / dust deflector is not a BTi accessory, but they are manufactured by a BT owners son in law.

I have attached a copy of a posting from an earlier message for your information.

While travelling in the Kimberleys, our van had hardly any dust on it while Paul and Barbs van had a thick coating across the rear, travelling at the same speed on the same road. They are very affective.

Brian

If Bushtracker owners would like to have the rear of their vans kept almost completely dust free when travelling on dusty outback roads, then a WIND DEFLECTOR made completely from Stainless Steel is now available. Conrad and Niza had had one fitted on their van for over 3 years and found that it does really work, so they wanted to ensure that their new van now under construction will also have one fitted. I have just travelled 1000km with Conrad over mostly good roads and the rear of my van was dirty while Conrads was clean. The WIND DEFLECTORs are available White Powder Coated Stainless Steel for $450. The price includes fitting by the maker at their property at Coomera, on Queenslands Gold Coast just behind Dreamworld. The caravan will be required to stay at their property for 24 hours after fitting to allow the adhesive to cure. You can stay in your van, or take a look around the Gold Coast during the day after fitting. Anyone interested in having one fitted to their van should contact Tony or Lidia on (07) 5573 2180 or by e-mail on lwold@bigpond.com
My one will be fitted next month, and Conrad will have one fitted to his new van when completed. As the width of the BT vans can vary depending on cladding type, Tony will require the exact width of your van between the side edge moulding. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 565376

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Nov 18, 2004 at 23:24

Thursday, Nov 18, 2004 at 23:24
Sorry, forgot the part about the schade cloth screen.

We made one of these up for our van prior to heading off on our Kimberley trip.

It has elastic straps holding it in place so that it can stretch when making sharp turns.

We fit it to the van when travelling on rocky roads so as to prevent the stones that fly up and hit things like the jockey wheel of weight bars and then come back and hit the rear of the vehicle.
Turist had the rear window of his F250 broken by a rock and this prompted him to make a mesh screen, so like all good bushtracker owners ideas, we copied, and now several other owners have them also.

It also prevents to odd rock that sometimes misses BTi's screen from hitting the upper section of the van.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 565377

Our Sponsors