Fridge light

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 20, 2004 at 20:38
ThreadID: 121609 Views:3738 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Our 190 litre fridge iternal light doesn't work. The bulb is OK. Also I've noted fridge temp varies between around 1 to 5 degrees even when the door is not being opened/closed regually.
The fridges appears to work fine otherwise.
Is this normal and has anyone else got any details? especially on the light?
Thanks in advance
David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oldperc - Saturday, Nov 20, 2004 at 20:55

Saturday, Nov 20, 2004 at 20:55
Forgot to mention, all info appreciated before I go to the trouble of pulling the fridge out.
Thanks
David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 565401

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Nov 21, 2004 at 00:05

Sunday, Nov 21, 2004 at 00:05
At the rear of the fridge, secured to the base plate there should be a U shaped aluminium channel about 20mm x 20mm x 60mm long that has a small piece of black plastic in it and a number of wires leading to it.

This little device somehow changes the power from 26volts when connected to mains power, 24 volt battery supply or 12 volt battery supply to a 12 volt output to the fridge light. We had broken wires leading into this and that caused us a few problems.

(This can be accessed from the lower vent opening at rear of fridge without taking it out of cabinet.)

If the fridge is less that 12 months old I would be contacting Waeco for a warranty repair.

The thermostat control / light holder section is easily removed by undoing the front screw and the rear just slides over some plastic to hold it in place. You should then be able to test the wires going to the globe holder.

I blew a globe because the device described above was faulty and bought a new globe that would not work when screwed into holder, but would work when tested just using wires. I then got another globes and screwed it in and it worked.

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565402

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Nov 30, 2004 at 04:25

Tuesday, Nov 30, 2004 at 04:25
LOL did you get in to see if the light goes out when you close it LOL
AnswerID: 565403

Our Sponsors