BT Insurance & Danfoss fridge

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 24, 2004 at 18:50
ThreadID: 121617 Views:4154 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Keith & Joan here, can anyone tell us the best insurance company to use to insure our pride and joy when we pick it up in May. Also has anyone experianced noisy compressor fridges. We had a three in one in the Coromal and it made no noise whatsoever. We were wondering how noisy the Danfoos fridges are.
Thank you, Keith & Joan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Nov 24, 2004 at 20:14

Wednesday, Nov 24, 2004 at 20:14
Keith and Joan,

We have our van insured with CIL Insurance (Bushtracker are a agent). We had a claim after the van was damaged ina hailstorm and found them to be excellent.

I know many others have their vans insurede with CIL and have never heard a bad word about them.

Agata at BT can provide details.

Pete
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565430

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Thursday, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:22

Thursday, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:22
G’day there,
Give CCI (caravaners complete insurance) a try. Very professional and great value. If insured with these guys, you can make claims of over $1000 per item, which CIL doesn’t offer. CIL doesn’t cover contents of annex either unless you have aluminium annex!? I think you have to have both van and vehicle with CCI although this suited me fine, as they were the only company that would cover the amount of accessories I have on vehicle. They have other good features also as well as an extra policy which gives you $10000 worth of coverage for items which can be anywhere eg a push bike, washing machine or generator sitting outside. There ph no is 1800 069199, or email info@ccinsurance.com.au If you do call ask for Justin Sweeny. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

Regarding fridge, I too was worried about this also but first night in BT I wondered whether or not fridge was even on!! Don’t believe the electolux ads describing them as being sooooooooooooo noisy!

Regards,
Matt
AnswerID: 565431

Follow Up By: Keith & Joan - Thursday, Nov 25, 2004 at 17:31

Thursday, Nov 25, 2004 at 17:31
Thanks Matt & Pete, I will get a quote from both companies. Good news about the fridge, thanks again Matt. Regards, Keith & Joan.
FollowupID: 844123

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 01:59

Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 01:59
We have ours with CIL also, and after having made a claim with them, we were so impressed by their service that even if other policies are cheaper, we have no intention of changing.
The CCI looks like good coverage though.

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565432

Our Sponsors