Stone Guards, dust screens/mats

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 25, 2004 at 19:32
ThreadID: 121618 Views:3948 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Now that we are having a cargo box built on the A frame, the stone guard will not fit and we have to investigate the idea of a dust screen/mat from rear of Landcruiser to the BT, under the WDH.
The overall length between rear of Cruiser bumper bar and existing van stone guard attachment points is 2220mm, or to rear of box, 2050mm
Those who have these dust screens may be able to advise what % of that distance should be the dust screen shade clothe, and what % length is taken up with the bungee attachment straps. No doubt someone has been able to work this out by trial and error.
Obviously if there is not enough bungee length and too much shade clothe length the screen will catch on the ground in turns.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cobradave - Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 06:36

Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 06:36
I have a 2003 LC TD for which I had a screen/stone guard made by a sailmaker from a pattern which I fine tuned over a couple of trips. We have just returned from a 6000 km journey through the S.A. desert tracks and it worked 100%, over the dustiest, mudiest and stoniest tracks we did not see anything whatsoever between the BT and LC, amazing success. I will email you a picture of it, but as each vihicle is set up differently I suggest that you make a template yourself and use your best judgement regarding the bungy cords.
AnswerID: 565433

Reply By: Cracker - Thursday, Dec 23, 2004 at 20:37

Thursday, Dec 23, 2004 at 20:37
Dave can I get a photo etc. Just returning from a trip to Adelaide, and am amazed at the sandblasting ( rockblasting ) of the lower tailgate on the car .

Sounds like your "thingy" might be the go.

P.s Have you any thought on the "Oyster" satellite system.........?

Cracker
AnswerID: 565434

Our Sponsors