Jerry Can Holders

Submitted: Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 07:50
ThreadID: 121619 Views:4723 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell me what jerry cans the holders on the Bt are built for? Having tried our proquip steel jerries I find they are significantly smaller than the dimensions of the holders. Any ideas?

Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 21:06

Friday, Nov 26, 2004 at 21:06
I think that you will find that the black plastic jerry cans are larger than the steel type.
If you are using steel then it would be worth while putting self adhesive rubber padding around the holders, so that there isn't any steel to steel rubbing, as you will find the steel jerry cans won't last very long on gravel roads without padding on them.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565435

Reply By: Cracker - Tuesday, Dec 21, 2004 at 20:48

Tuesday, Dec 21, 2004 at 20:48
try adding some HD plastic sheet in around the holder - otherwise I can see it "chewing" through the thin sides of the jerry can. Incidently I hope that you got military cans - as they are stronger. I have heard whispers of the aftermarket cans splitting along the welds.

I bought a number of jerry cans which were ex swiss army .......very well made.

How are you going to stop them from rattleing
How are you going to stop the syphoning
etc etc - I went through all this mentally some time back ( that's why I have 10 swiss jerry cans for sale ) the best way is to put in LR tanks. (thanks to the people who posted the info on them......good timing .

Cracker
AnswerID: 565436

Follow Up By: BushtrackerDevs - Wednesday, Dec 22, 2004 at 07:53

Wednesday, Dec 22, 2004 at 07:53
Thanks Cracker.

We have proquip aussie standard cans - back from the days of an off road camper trailer. Were thinking of a lr tank as well (got the V8 cruiser chipped so it needs PULP) but put off by the price as need a s econd wheel carrier if we go that route. So will make do with 80l in jerrys.

Rattling - was thiking about high density foam. Syphoning not sure what the problem is here.. Another forum has dedictaed pages and pages to whether cans shoudl be full to the brim or slightly empty - consencus seems to be fuill to the bttm of the the filler opening.

Rob
FollowupID: 844124

Our Sponsors