Driver Training

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 16:00
ThreadID: 121685 Views:10291 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have any contacts or info for driver training (towing) courses that operate in the Brisbane area.

Thanks............. John and Jean
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Liebs10 - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 00:00
We completed a one day course at Ballina just bfore xmas they helped us The Principle is Jeff at Ballina RV and caravan Centre

Good luck
Peter

PS I know its not Brisbane but not a bad day out
AnswerID: 565582

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 07:18

Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 07:18
Thanks Peter,
I will follow that up - always ready for a good day out. Been pushing 4x4 around the scrub plenty, but not dragging 3 tonne behind us as well.
Thanks
John and Jean
AnswerID: 565583

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:07

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:07
John and Jean,
stg here at Bushtracker,

You have not been too successful in getting the towing training so far, and that is why I could not refer you anywhere... Plenty of 4x4 trainers, but none towing...

You being Bushies, will be sound and sensible (otherwise you would not have made it out there, Ha!), and if there are no other training responses, don't fret... Come early on the day of Delivery, and get through all of the process early, and I will help you with some practical bits after the few hours of showing you through the van and how everything works..... I might even put some tips on this site, as they are similar to what you have to do to get a heavy truck license like I have... So don't fret if you can't get it organised, I will help fill the gap..

Kind Regards, Bushtracker
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 565584

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:34

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 21:34
Jay and Jakie (Luvtravlin) did a driver training course towards the end of last year and posted something about it on the forum. It was with one of the main 4WD instructors near Sydney and he has a large property where they did the training. It covered both 4WD and towing the caravan and they said it was very good. He also arranged for a discout for Bushtracker owners.

I am sure when Jay is next on line that he will give you the details, or you could send him a message direct.

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565585

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:58

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:58
Hi

We did our training with Great Divide Tours out of Sydney. Excellent!!!

The training facility is in Braidwood, NSW.

Contact Vic at http://www.greatdividetours.com.au/ and tell him you are a Bogger!

Luvntravln
AnswerID: 565586

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 17:03

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 17:03
John and Jean et al,

Over the past 6 months I have been putting together a Towing Driver Training course carriculum for the specific purpose of conducting Towing Clinics - a project I hope to launch when we have sold our Leisure Park business in Nelson Bay.

However, this probably won't happen before your delivery date so I'd suggest you take up Steve's offer for an early start to THE day.

Cheers..........Rob
AnswerID: 565587

Our Sponsors