Water Taps

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 05, 2005 at 19:56
ThreadID: 121693 Views:4630 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Suddenly our COLD water taps are behaving like 75 year olds (poor stream).
Any solutions as to where the blockage could be??

Ákos
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:09

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:09
After some thought.....
Maybe disconnect the taps on the back side of the tap, open it up, and flush it with a hose backwards to a bucket where the hose hooks up?? See if anything comes out.. Might be plastic debris from tanks or something...

More volume of useage on the cold side would account for the
debris only showing up on the cold side of the taps??

If no luck, send me email when we are back on the 10th-11th and I will ask
around to see if this has happed before... But my best guess is that you have some junk in the tap... Since it is on the cold side... Not sure I have heard of this one before. Only other thing I can think of is to run along the length of the hose from the pump and look for a kink on the cold water supply side... Trace it out by hand and examine it.. The cold supply goes to the hot water heater, so if the hot is not low on volume it will be after that "T" off.... Maybe some cargo or tool box has flattened a hose? Trace it all out and get back to me if the back flush on the taps did not fix it...

Kind Regards, Bushtracker

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 565608

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:04

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:04
Have you checked the filter in the pump itself? They a fairly easy to pull apart if you have to.

You could also disconnect the hose where it comes out of the pump and by placing a short section of hose on it try pumping into a bucket.

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 844192

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:00

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:00
Thank you for the help Brian, you are always a Champion and ready to jump in and give someone a hand.... Tops!

I thought about the screen on the filters on the pumps itself, but then deleted that from the message because it was only on the Cold side... I thought the hot side would be restricted too in that case...

But all BOGGERS should try and help, and I hope they follow your willing example. I do it full time 24-7 and 364 days a year, but you never know when I might miss something... As I tell my Staff, no idea is too silly, and it might trigger another angle or perpective that one had not considered... And while I have more experience with Bushtracker than almost anyone, there is always room for improvement, always room for progress and I am not an Egoist. The best idea wins, and I am always looking for a better widget, a better mousetrap... Ha!

Thank you again, you are always a positive benefit and a willing hand, and the World would be a better place if there were more like you....

Cheers, stg
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844193

Reply By: Bogger John - Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:05

Thursday, Jan 06, 2005 at 18:05
We had this problem and it was driving us nuts trying to fix it. I phoned BT and talked about it with Peter. He went and got the plumber who was also scratching his head until he suddenly remembered that there is a a little plastic inline filter in the water pipe just where it is attached to the tap. I disconnected the pipe from the tap and took out the filter, reconnected the pipe and - problem fixed. The filter didn't seem to be blocked and we were still on pure Maleny water, so I threw it out.

John and Jan
AnswerID: 565609

Follow Up By: Falcon - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 17:44

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 17:44
Many thanks to John & Jan. It worked after I worked out where the filters were (not very clear frrom the brochure). It is in-line where the faucet's in-line 'inline' pipes hook up to the water pipes. Hard to get to to have to clean regularly, especially when the aerators themselves have an inbuilt filter.

To stg, why it only affected the cold and not the warm side, is because we use the hot side much less!!

Many thanks all,

Ingelore & Ákos
FollowupID: 844194

Our Sponsors