Suspension upgrade for 2000 LC100 4.5L ULP/Gas

Submitted: Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 19:20
ThreadID: 121703 Views:4196 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking about beefing up the factory suspension on the above beast to help accomodate the extra weight of the 19' BT to be delivered in May. It still has the rigid front enf - not IFS.

Current ideas are go from standard (soft?) coils to a 'medium' grade all round and add air-bags to the rear end. We will be travelling plenty of dirt - Like the Gibb River and other nice outback roads.

Any one with experiece or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers John and Jean
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wadefarers - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 23:38

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 23:38
John and Jean

If you are private members, you should look under Post ID1264 in the Private Forum where Steve (the man himself) has posted on Toyota suspension etc. What he has detailed there is very good info and I agree with his assessment on the ARB stuff, it's dear but it's good value and LASTS.

Regards

Jeff
AnswerID: 565625

Reply By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Jan 08, 2005 at 04:51

Saturday, Jan 08, 2005 at 04:51
Hello again John and Jean,
Yes it is me again, interesting, we have the exact same 100 Series Cruiser and same year, only mine is an Aftermarket Turbo Intercooled Diesel....

You are lucky in that the solid front monobeam axle is easy to upgrade. I still stick to my former advise... You might be OK with the Medium springs and air bags, but with a 19' on the back I would go for the 600 kg heavies... I just can't because most of my work is around town with my Wife driving it with a bone spur in her neck... And we seldom tow with the Cruiser now that I seem to take Horses everywhere and we tow with the Mack 4x4 Dualcab... You are welcome to drive mine and see for yourself, we can arrange it down at the Factory if you like.... Then you will know for yourself... If you are going to load up the Cruiser the Heavy Progressive all the way around is still my vote... Lighter when unloaded, heavy coil loaded... Will help you all I can..

Talk to ARB. We have tried them all, but they seem to last the longest... Tried the rest over the years and have the results of a hundred more... Keeps coming back to ARB as the best and lasting the longest...

Cheers, Bushtracker

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 565626

Our Sponsors