2007 130 Series Landcrusier

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 08, 2005 at 07:03
ThreadID: 121706 Views:4216 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well, it finally looks like Toyota has released some details on the new 130 Series (maybe here in late 2007?).

According to the Feb 4x4 Magazine, the engine details look promising with a twin-turbo 4.4 litre V8 diesel poking out around 220kw and 580mn, whilst they also retain the existing petrol V8 option. There's an artists impression of what it may look like, which is apparently based on a concept vehicle called the FTX??

As a footnote, back in Sept04 my NISSAN dealer indicated that NISSAN are planning a 4.5 litre diesel and also a petrol V8, but wouldn't be drawn on when.

So, sounds like there maybe some more 'horses' available in the next few years

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 22:56

Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 22:56
Al,
The extra horses make a difference of course, but the thing that I have found that has made the biggest difference when towing a large caravan is the physical size of the F250 compared to the Toyota. The larger wheel based heavier F250 seems to always tell the caravan where we are heading, and never the other way around as was the case sometimes with the Toyota.

If Toyota and or Nissan want to give Australians a good tow vehicle then they will have to start bringing in some of the F250 size vehicles in that I think they only build for the USA market.

One thing that always annoys me with the 4WD mags is that when they do a tow test comparison they only ever put a 1500 - 1800kg van on behind and then do their comparisons with that. If they put a 3000kg van on that is up closer to the maximum tow capacity of the vehicle and then did a test, the results would be very different.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 565631

Our Sponsors