Satellite TV while on the road

Submitted: Friday, Feb 04, 2005 at 06:02
ThreadID: 121767 Views:4185 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Cobradave, I've just finished executing your advice regarding the problem with my SatTV setup and can only happily report all is now well. Take a bow David you've done it again.

Cheers and thanks
Ernie
(Did you know glider pilots stay up longer)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cobradave - Friday, Feb 04, 2005 at 06:40

Friday, Feb 04, 2005 at 06:40
Thanks for your fine words Ernie, you're a man of few words with a big heart !

Regarding the glider pilots, did you also know that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
AnswerID: 565805

Reply By: Cracker - Monday, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:29

Monday, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:29
Cobradave,
what think you about the "oyster" sat system

Cracker
AnswerID: 565806

Follow Up By: Cobradave - Monday, Feb 14, 2005 at 05:02

Monday, Feb 14, 2005 at 05:02
Hey Cracker,
What do you think about $7000 for nothing more than a $700 system will do ? That's all it is.
There is nothing worth watching out there on all those satellites, boasting about hundreds of programs on many satellites is just hot air. Almost everything that used to be free-to-air is now only available in encrypted format. The Oyster can only receive Ku band signals due to its small size. You would need a 3m. diameter dish to receive C-band signals which would include quite a few European and US programs. Drop in to my place some time and I'll show how I move the 3m. motorized dish around and hit on the various satellites. Haven't worked out how to carry a 3m. dish on the roof rack yet.
In summary I can tell you that whilst there are literally hundreds of programs available to us on Ku band, the only worthwhile ones are coming from the C1 satellite. The others include native language programs from China,Indonesia,Thailand and French Polynesia.
I've helped lots of vanners recently install sat. tv in their vans.

FollowupID: 844313

Our Sponsors