2005 BOG Rally. Starting 17 Sept for 1 week.

Submitted: Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 04:21
ThreadID: 121778 Views:7555 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
2005 BOG Rally.

The BOG Management Committee have again booked the Copeton Waters State Park near Inverell in northern New South Wales for the 2005 rally. Last year it was decided that THE RALLY WILL ONLY OPEN TO MEMBERS WHO EITHER OWN OR HAVE ORDERED A BUSHTRACKER.

The same area as last year has been reserved for 1 week from Sat. September 17th.
You may arrive earlier or stay longer if you wish.
The cost for 2 people for 7 nights is $90.00 on a powered site and $60 without power.

The reserved area within Copeton Waters State Park called "Copeton Bay" and has 56 powered sites and a large area available for un-powered sites. The entire Copeton Bay area is reserved for the Bushtracker Owners Group.

This area is about 2 kilometres inside the park and away from the day use area, reception area etc. Toilets, showers and a sewerage dump point are all nearby.

The power poles are at random spacings well apart from each other so the area will not appear regimented as with a van park.
Bush camping is available nearby for those who prefer it that way.
The staff will allow a group campfire (similar to last year) as well as the individual fireplaces in the fire-rings provided. Last year they provided us with firewood by bringing dead trees to the site with a front end loader, and will no doubt do the same again this year. All we will require is some willing workers with chainsaws to have a working bee to cut the timber up.

The following web site will give you further info.
http://www.stateparks.nsw.gov.au/copeton.html

The telephone number for BOOKINGS is 02 6723 6269.
As with last year, please phone and make your own booking.
Tell the staff that you are with the Bushtracker Owners Group when booking.

If we have more than 56 vans wanting powered sites, then the management have also offered us another 30 powered sites at a second area at Jaycees Park that is about 2 kilometres away from the main area, and has a camp kitchen.

The main Copeton Bay area has roads in a horseshoe shape where most of the powered sites are, then another area on the other side of the access road where there are about 10 other sites. About 400 – 500 metres away from this main area is another section of about 10 powered sites near the main toilet block.

The Committee have decided to ask the staff at Copeton to allocate powered sites when the booking is made so that those making an early booking have first choice of powered sites. This will prevent those booking early from having to find an outer powered site, or having to drive around until they can find a vacant site. If you want to be next to friends then arrange that with Copeton staff when making your booking.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BOOKING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.
To totally reserve this area in a school holiday period we need substantial bookings by end June 2005

Sometime during the second half of 2005, Telstra plan to have a CDMA phone service available in the camping area, and the Copeton staff have offered to set up their function centre as a sort of internet café if there is sufficient interest in same. There would be a charge associated to it but we would have 24hr access. They will also organize a day trip for our group if we are interested at no charge, to visit some local attractions & winery’s etc.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 06:48

Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 06:48
Brian,

Thanks for the excellent forward planning. I hope to book the same site as last year and will be forwarding my reservation in the next few days. I'll bring the FULL spitroast gear this time!

We are heading off on a 14 week SA -Red Centre- Top End - Gove expedition trip on 20 March and if anyone is interested in catching up on route, please email me and I will send the itinerary as a guide.Start Port Elliot over Easter then Wine Ferstival at Nuriootpa before Oodandatta track and Alice.

The Central Arnham Road is on the itinerary and that will possibly be the biggest challenge as it has only been graded since last year???

Any info on this road would be appreciated.

Cheers.........Rob and Liz
AnswerID: 565851

Reply By: Bushtracker - Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 21:01

Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 21:01
Congratulations on good planning for another great Bushtracker Rally! This is not only probably the best venue in Australia, but also Staffed by very nice people all to eager to help, and with good services, amenities, and fun activities both there and in the area... And to top it all off, nearly central to all !!

On behalf of another Bogger, I would like to extend my "Thank You" to the Committee for a job well done, and well planned... I think we can all look forward to another Stellar Rally!

Cheers, stg

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 565852

Reply By: Turist - Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 02:24

Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 02:24
Thanks Brian, looking forward to doing another rally at a great venue.
We have already booked along with the Lukes, the Barretts and the Rostirolla's (Who will order thier new BT later this month, hoping to have delivery in time for the rally)

Speaking to Motley earlier and we hope to have a registration facility set up on this site shortly so that we can keep track of who is coming.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 565853

Reply By: fjk21 - Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 17:46

Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 17:46
Thanks for the info Brian. Great choice of dates for those of us with kids. Looking forward to another great week.

Regards
Francis & Jude
AnswerID: 565854

Reply By: The Boondockers - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 19:50

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 19:50
"THE RALLY WILL ONLY OPEN TO MEMBERS WHO EITHER OWN OR HAVE ORDERED A BUSHTRACKER"

We enjoyed Copeton last year and are dissapointed you have eliminated other people with like interests. I'me sure the majority of members would not agree with this restriction.

Ross & Chris
XC Kedron
AnswerID: 565855

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 23:34

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 23:34
Ross & Chris

We can understand your disappointment BUT

This restriction is as directed by the majority of members at the 2004 Annual General Meeting.

The Committee are only abiding by the directions that the majority of members at that meeting instructed us to put in place for future Bushtracker Owners Group rallys.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 844344

Our Sponsors