More KISS add-ons.

Submitted: Monday, Feb 21, 2005 at 18:58
ThreadID: 121799 Views:3904 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just added to the photo album, photos of Bike and Washing Machine Boxes on A frame. (Two Giatex Folding/telescopic bikes and a Lemair Washing Machine). This involved relocating jerry can holders and plumbing for a tap (From new tee in shower pipe line), using Boston 13mm white pressure hose to lockable tap on A frame. The Bike box is mounted on two heavy duty sliding gate hinges on the rear lower edge and has two heavy duty pull down (Lockable) hatch fasteners at the front. Undo these and the whole box can slide off for access to Gas Bottles and spare wheels.The slide-up lockable doors on each side (His and Hers) have 50mm foam slabs fitted tightly inside to restrict dust intrusion (Yet to be tested). The walls of the box are lined with car carpet and the floor has removable outdoor carpet.

The washing machine box lifts off the retained packaging foam for the Machine. (The bottom packing fits up inside the machine, securing the motor and bowl)
The box pulls down tight onto a rubber mat, using Hatch fasteners and is also yet to be tested for dust intrusion.

Also, an Accessory Tray has been added to the sloping rear end of the BT. 120mm deep, 1560 wide and 540 deep it fits neatly up into the structural members of the chassis. Three heavy duty hinges at the front, pull down lockable hatch fasteners on bumper bar, and chain dropers, the tray holds relatively light weight gear of hoses, electrical leads and jerry can air pump.

Yet another is the Copeton inspired sloping site Step. A third step which slides into square section tube, welded to the underside of the BT step.

If anyone would like more details of these, or any of the other KISS items shown in the album, including sheet cut dimensions and fittings, feel free to ask.

Cheers..........Rob.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 03:53

Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 03:53
Hi Rob,

I have had a good squizz at your photo's - well done, you are obviously a serious Mr Fix-it.

I would like details of your drop down rear assessory tray - looks excellent, does it collect a lot of dust? But there is no rush as we only collect the BT in May.

We are having the extended 'shoe lockers' installed in the factory and once we have got our hands on the BT I might contact you re some of the other goodies you have installed.

Thanks
John
AnswerID: 565913

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 08:57

Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 08:57
Thanks fro the info and photos Rob. I guess one of the things about owning a BT is the personalisation that happens after delivery, and you are sure providing some interesting special effects.

Happy trails,

Angie
AnswerID: 565914

Our Sponsors