Additional Safety Notice on behalf of Vehicle Componets:

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:35
ThreadID: 121801 Views:4568 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Friends, this is regarding the lengthening of the bolt on the VC Conical coupling. When I read the Posting threads on this I assumed the lengthened bolt ideas came from VC... Evidently it did not... Here is their advice:

Dear Steve
Sorry to be a pain but it has been bought to my attention that there is an article on the BOG website proposing the lengthening of the main bolt on the VC018 conical ball coupling. As with all our designs we undergo a lot of detail engineering which may not be obvious to the ‘untrained’ eye. Lengthening of the bolt by 15mm will cause the bolt to bottom before the coupling is properly tightened causing the coupling to come loose. It is not possible for us to monitor the website for these sort of proposals nor do we wish to test any ideas that are proposed or even get involved in proving our innocence should there be an accident. Could you please remind your owners that they should not modify any of our products which have all had extensive testing. If there any genuine concerns with the products we have an engineering department which can be contacted for advice.

I agree totally with your comments regarding the use of the conical ball coupling – it was not designed as an off-road coupling and so has limited travel.

Best regards as always
Chris Goddard
Vehicle Components Pty Ltd

This article is put "In and On Behalf Of" Vehicle Components...
And we received their request and authority to post it in its full content about 15minutes ago....

I will continue to make an effort to take care of all, with any relative important info Posted a.s.a.p.

Regards from the Source at Bushtracker, stg

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors