Mac Computer Users

Submitted: Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:07
ThreadID: 121812 Views:3989 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Yes there are some Mac users around, sensible people all.

E-mail and internet connection via mobile phone out of a Mac laptop has always been a bit of a problem as most phone companies only produce software for the Bill Gates stuff, Mirrors or something they call it. (Used to be Windows but when you use it everything comes out backwards)

Anyhow, CDMA phones that work with iSync on Mac are far and few between. GSM Bluetooth more common.

I have just changed to a Motorola T730 CDMA, Telstra account.
The phone connects and syncs using the Mac iSync program.
Internet connection is good, speed is 230400 bps. (Takes about 45 seconds to establish connection and open BOG web page.)
To make it operate there is a simple work around required, if interested let me know.

Macs Rule, OK

Regards
Bob

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:52

Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:52
I don't know about "Macs Rule" as we are all on die hard MS systems... But I do follow it a bit as I wasted some time and went back to get a Degree in Computer Science in 1981.... Thought it might help me in Engineering, but alas no.... Cobal II, Fortran IV, and Basic, all gone by the wayside in about the time it took to get it..
Jokes on me...

Anyway, a Comment for those wondering about Macs..... Since they are such a small minority, it is my understanding that they are all just about IMMUNE to VIRUSES !! It is a quirk of fate, but all the Thugs and Anarchists inventing viruses to stop the evil world of computers are only concentrating on the MS system...
Soooooo, there is a real argument to look at the Mac, and they have the wonderful IPOD system, (but that can run on MS)... Still, I lost a Toshiba Laptop to a virus that go through the firewall and permanently damaged the Toshiba hard drive, so that the system ran slow... Needless to say, get some firewall protection....!

But until the Virus Wierdos work on Macs, I believe they are relatively unattacked.....

Cheers from the Last, or Lost, or "Lone Ranger" at BT

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 565934

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 06:09

Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 06:09
Hi all,
I am a new visitor to this forum, via the new bushtracker website.
Bushtracker, you are almost correct - there are NO viruses that attack Mac OSX (although they can reside in the Mail and be passed on). Informed opinion suggests that it would be difficult to attack the Unix platform that OSX is based on. This, rather than lack of malicious intent is prob the reason why Macs are immune (so far).
At present we have a campertrailer, but one day in the future maybe a Bushtracker for the big trips. I would plan to have an Airport Extreme LAN in the van (connected to satellite dish) so I could sit outside next to Cooper Creek, fishing rod perched against the chair, glass of cold white in one hand, Powerbook on lap surfing the web wirelessly.............
Cheers,
Brad.
AnswerID: 565935

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 19:46

Friday, Feb 25, 2005 at 19:46
Welcome to the BOG Brad, you are now an Official BOGGER!!

As to your vision, great! We all have our idea of Heaven on Earth...

Mine would be to discover you on horseback, say Good Day, and continue on my exploring of 20 or 30 km of the area on my horse... Ha!

Cheers, the Lone, or Lost, or Last Ranger, on the Final Frontier, Oz,
stg at Bushtracker
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844383

Our Sponsors