Hello Friends, UNPLEASANT LOCUST PLAGUE on the Newell....

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 03:38
ThreadID: 121830 Views:3486 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick tip from the "Lone Ranger" looking out for all of you good people... The Newell from Dubbo South to the Border of Victoria, has a real bad case of the Locust.... I mean clouds of them, splattering all over the windscreen and plugging up the screen in front of the radiator.... I have black stainless security screen in front of my radiator and airconditioner condensor, on the inside of the grill in front, and it got completely packed up several times with handfulls of dead locust!!!!!

Truck actually overheated twice, having to stop and clean it off... And went through about three refills of a Mack Truck windshield cleaner tank with dishsoap additive, and the silver of my Mack Horsetruck went a distinctly ugly brown with their splattered bodies... NO KIDDING, VERY UNPLEASANT...

The trip was over a week apart, down and back up, with no noticable change in the ammount of Locust, so this is not going away fast or anytime soon... If you can go another route would suggest that you be prepared for clouds of bug splatters on vehicle and van, that when dried to a sticky glue is hard to clean off... Takes about four gentle washing to get the brown glue loosened to wash off...

SUGGEST YOU NOT GO THIS ROUTE WITHOUT A RADIATOR SCREEN PROTECTION SYSTEM.... MESSY AND BAD FOR THE COOLING SYSTEM, AND VERY VERY HARD TO GET OUT OF THE RADIATOR ITSELF..!!!!!

Sorry to bring you this unpleasant sticky brown glue problem, but it would be appreciated by anyone that could go the NSW coat route and the Hume instead... Only got Truckie reports of a lot of construction on the New England... But the Newell is definitely NASTY from Dubbo to the Murray....

Cheers from the "Lone Ranger" lookin after ya!!!
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors