Outboard Motor Stand

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 20:00
ThreadID: 121836 Views:4047 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
A mate saw a bushtracker in WA with an outboard motor stand on 1 side of the A frame and a fold up trailer on the other side. Anyone out there with any knowledge of this.
Phil & Helen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oldperc - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 18:10

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 18:10
Phil
we have an outboard motor stand on the offside of the A frame but no facility for a trailer. we wern't in WA recently so not sure what you are after.
Regards
David
David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566001

Reply By: fot55 - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 22:25

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 22:25
I could well be the culprit. I have an 18' with a a Little Bulldog folding trailer & an outboard mounted on the A frame. To boot, I'm a West Australian.

The trailer was purchased from & fitted BT at the time of delivery (22 Jun 04). It is mounted on the near side (kerb side) of the A frame on a "pole" & sits between the stone guard & the spare wheel. Taking it off requires the undoing of 2 bolts before lowering it to the ground. We always remove the stone guard first as this removes the need to lift the trailer over the stone guard arm.

The outboard (15hp Yamaha) is mounted on a frame hinged on the off side of the jerry can holders with a securing bolt on the other. The frame straddles the jerries (2x20l cans) with the motor in a horizontal position. To mount the o/b you undo the securing bolt, lift the frame to its upright postion, attach the motor as if you were fixing it to the back of your boat, roll it all forward & re-secure it with the securing bolt. The leg of the motor rests in a V piece.

We've done over 30000km with the trailer & motor mounted as such & have had no problems whatsoever. Both are well protected & probably ride in the smoothest part of the whole set up.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss it any further.

Graeme
AnswerID: 566002

Follow Up By: Itldoo - Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 04:43

Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 04:43
Graeme
Received photos of bracket. Very impressed asit will also secure fuel containers and gas bottles.Hope you dont mind if I copy.
Thank You for all your help
Phil and Helen.
FollowupID: 844405

Reply By: Itldoo - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 00:09

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 00:09
Hi Graeme,
I am sure I replied to your message but cannot find any record. Spoke to bushtracker about the bulldog which they know about but no idea about outboard. Have you any photos that you can send me.
Thanks for al your help.
Phil
AnswerID: 566003

Our Sponsors