Announcing new Battery, A-200 gel X AGM, 100 AH, and Discount for current Bushtr

Submitted: Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 20:01
ThreadID: 121856 Views:3950 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
We have just received our second consignment, and can now offer a discount as a service to current Bushtracker Owners that may need new batteries...

We have spent a year getting the Manufacturer to build a more robust series for us, that takes bigger cycles without damage. Also these new batteries are more resistant to unintentional abuse and neglect. From our testing they are just more robust. We confirmed the Manufacturers testing by an extreme case of abuse here running them way down with an inverter, a large 240v shop fridge and multiple Microwave runs until the inverter cut out on low voltage, several times a day for weeks. Then we extended the test to leaving them discharged for longer and longer periods before recharging... We were unable to kill the test set in conditions that others would have failed under. As far as we can see they are better. We needed to go there because a few Customers were unintentionally killing the batteries, running them too low, or too often working them in large deep cycles too hard, or leaving them there too long in a discharged state..

You still cannot abuse these batteries. They should be recharged right away if they are run down to 11 volts, not left there for days. But from all we can tell these are just better. They are 100 Amp Hour, sealed, maintenance free, A-200 Gel x Hybrid AGM, and weigh just over 31 kg each.

This is not meant to use this site as a promotional site, we are offering these as a service. For any of you that need batteries, we can Deliver if you Order Now, to the Sydney or Melbourne Shows, at a $50 Discount off the price of $250, and we will Deliver them to you at the Show for $200. Additionally we will either Freight them for free to you for $250 or fit them here for $250 as the Discount. I repeat, I am not flogging batteries on this Site, I am offering this as a Service to Current Bushtracker Owners who may need to upgrade batteries..

Please note, any Orders to be Delivered at the Shows, must be made immediately this week…

Kind Regards, Bushtracker….

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oldperc - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:18

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:18
Steve
Sounds just what we want!
I take it that these new batteries probably won't fit the existing battery boxes or will they. Does your special include the box?
We need four before we head away @ end of April.

Thanks and regards
David
David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566044

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:28

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:28
Good Point David,
The short answer is I do not know if they will fit your current boxes.... Depends on the age of your Bushtracker and what batteries were ordered orginally, and space available at the designated location.....

The price cannot include boxes, if you need them, but I will do them at cost if that is the case...

The new 100AH batteries are 344mm long, 189mm wide, 273mm high. Check your boxes to see if they fit... For a long time all we had available in the AGM batteries were 100 AH in about the same size, so there is a good chance they will drop right in...

Kind Regards, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844434

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:36

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:36
POST SCRIPT:
Probably better handle the boxes end of this at your location... We cannot get into the shipping around of boxes that may or may not fit.. But it is not too tricky... Suggest that if this is the case, it is better handled in your area... Sometimes you can just re-arrange the batteries to suit, as in two at 90 degrees and the other parallel... Get the idea? Any way, have a look and get back to me...

If you are going to proceed, please contact me on the Bushtracker Website at www.bushtracker.com , to make the arrangements... No sense bogging up this site...
Happy Trails, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844435

Reply By: Pixellator - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:56

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:56
Hi Steve
The new batteries sound great. Hope I don't need any for a while yet- only collected our BT on 4 March!
As an aside, and as a request, could you post a 'How To' on battery care, regarding management of charge/discharge etc. I have some general ideas, which seem common sense, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate your knowledgeable approach to these things.
Best wishes, Lone Ranger,watch out for the Cisco Kid!
Bob
AnswerID: 566045

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 22:43

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 22:43
Got news for ya Bob.... You probably already have them...
And per your request, and someone elses, I have a great new Posting on just today on guidelines of care for battery longevity...

Cheers, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844436

Our Sponsors