staying close to mother

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:38
ThreadID: 121862 Views:4587 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
nearly everybody who picks up from bt stay locally overnight or even for a few days
where have people stayed do you recommend or not what is access like easy to find drive through sites nearby shops to stock up need to book etc
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Meg and J - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:43

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:43
Hi Stephen and Deborah

I know of a few people who have stayed at Cottontree Caravan Park at Maroochydore, right on the river and surf beach. Nice quiet corner of Maroochydore! We have been there a few times as it is very convenient to the factory. Shops are within walking distance also. It gives you a chance to check everything out on your BT especially if you live a fair distance away. There are drive-through sites but the park fills up at Easter, Christmas and all other peak holiday times.

Have fun in your BT.

Meg and J
AnswerID: 566054

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:43

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:43
S & D
We stayed at Cotton Tree on our first weekend- delivery on a Friday and I didn't fancy hitting Brisbane peak hour as a towing newbie. The 10km or so to Cotton Tree was just fine!
We took site 231, which is drive through, and happened to be directly across from Meg and J (Hi guys!). It was very handy to run across and check their awning when we first put ours up. And DONT FORGET- wind the awning in the correct direction! ('under', not 'over'!!)
The spot was so nice that we left the van there for an extra week, and returned the following weekend.
We're trying out the beachfront park at Mooloolaba this (Easter) weekend.
Happy days
Bob
FollowupID: 844439

Follow Up By: Motley - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:27

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:27
The note about the awning - "under" not "over". I've always wound over. Am I doing it wrong??
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

FollowupID: 844440

Follow Up By: Turist - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 18:56

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 18:56
G'Day Pete.
There is a rotation direction arrow on the winder end of the awning box.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

FollowupID: 844441

Reply By: Kingy - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:52

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:52
Hi Stephen & Deborah

We stayed at a tourist park called Forrest Glen. It's only a 10 minute drive from BT, just near an entry to the Highway, has shop, bottlo, newsagency just up the road and Buderim is only about 15 minutes away. The sites are drive through, and all in all a nice clean place. Might be worth a phone call to book depending on time of year. We were there mid December last year and there was plenty of room. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Peter
AnswerID: 566055

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:37

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:37
When we collected our van, we stayed at nambour Rainforest Village about 10 minutes from Bushtracker. Picked this one because it allowed dogs. It's a small park and a bit of a squeeze getting a 20' van onto the site, but not really a problem.

Since then have stayed at Forest Glen and it was very good. Both these parks are with 10 minutes of Sunshine Plaza (I think that's what it is called). It has EVERYTHING that you forgot to bring with you or decide you need for the van; kitchen goods, linen, tools, hoses, ladders - the lot!!

If a dog is not an issue, my recommendation would be Forest Glen. Chances are, like us you'll meet a couple of other new BT owners there as well!
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 566056

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:06

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:06
Good info for us in May - thanks people

Regards

John and Jean
AnswerID: 566057

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:51

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:51
I have seen a few people travelling up to Tewantin and staying at the Boganvillia Caravan Park that has large sites and so long as you are outside the main holiday period is not crowded. You can then enjoy the sights of Noosa and still be only 40 km from BTi. Sound In Motion also have a branch in Noosa that is much easier than their Nambour head office to access with a caravan.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 566058

Reply By: Freewheelers - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 23:15

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 23:15
Thankyou everyone for your response - the advice is much appreciated, now we can knock another task off the list.

Cheers

Deborah
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 566059

Our Sponsors