Australia will be our address.

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:23
ThreadID: 121868 Views:5548 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day BOGGERS.

Our first posting so please forgive any blunders. My wife and I plan ASAP to order a BushTracker, sell up and spend as long as possible travelling Australia, i.e. the Bushtracker will be our home until circumstances forbid. We are interested to hear from anyone who has spent considerable time doing as we plan, as to what one does re. mail etc.
Phillip.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:02

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:02
Welcome Lazybones

You have the right screen name for the lifestyle. Do not procrastinate - get into it!! Circumstances never forbid - only peoples attitudes!

We collect the BT in May (Steve and Paul please note) and will enjoy the same lifestyle - making haste to go slowy and smell the roses.

Cheers

John and Jean
AnswerID: 566064

Follow Up By: LazyBones - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 14:58

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 14:58
Thank you John and Jean for your words of encouragement. Best of luck with your venture.
Phillip & Vivianne.
FollowupID: 844444

Reply By: Trackor 2 - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 21:29

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 21:29
G'day,

I have been "on the road" permanently for over 3 years. If you have any questions, email me a contact number & I'll call you during my free hour which is between 4.00 - 5.00pm in whatever time zone I'm in (currently SA time).

Regards, Peter
AnswerID: 566065

Follow Up By: LazyBones - Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 23:20

Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 23:20
G'day Peter.
Will keep your kind offer in mind. Did receive a heck of a lot of info from my daughter in law who found an extensive article in a paper somewhere. Will take me a while to absorb this.
Regards, Phillip.
FollowupID: 844445

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 22:07

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 22:07
Hello LazyBones,
The "Lone Ranger" here at Bushtracker,

Yes I am crazy.... Travel with four or five horses in a Mack Dual Cab horse truck pulling my Bushtracker.... The advice about slowing down and smelling the roses along the way is right.... Only I cover more ground on horseback... 150 years too late, but "given er ell" anyway...

Now, my only Personal Tip for you at this time.... Is that we are Booked out with only one spot left in September for Delivery at this time, and have Bookings clear out to December already.... Yes, we really have no Competitors, for reasons you can easily discover; and that is why we are almost always Booked out further than anyone... Now why am I bothering to tell you what you probably already know? Because the Sydney Show starts in 9 days, and Melbourne on the 27th of April to May 3rd, and then the Brisbane Show in June.... This, just before the Shows, is as close to being caught up as we ever get; so if time is an issue, you might want to rethink your priorities... OK?

We also have a new DVD available of a good Factory Tour, that I can send out to you.... And also on our Website, if you contact us, we have a Reference Library on just about any subject, there for the asking...

Now I do not want to use this Site as a Sales Promotional thing with my contributions, you said you were already planning on ordering one.... I just trying to look after you, and time right now is as good as it gets... If you need one soon you will have to rethink time schedules OK?

Cheers from da Lone Ranger.... lookin' afta' ya!!
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566066

Reply By: Meg and J - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 21:49

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 21:49
Hi Phillip

We have had our BT four years and for the last two have been living in it travelling this vast interesting country. We are in Brisbane at the moment, house sitting for Easter and then we are off southwards along the coast somewhere. Have spent about 10 months in WA and could have spent longer and then another 6 in SA. We have also travelled back across the interier along the Gunbarrel and the Anne Beadell (but gave our BT a holiday and camped). Now it is the east coast's turn. We have 'got lost' a few times but as we have not been there before we always enjoy the experience and know that the road will always go somewhere.

We have loved every minute of it and after a while worked out what suited us best re email, post, bills etc. We have had no dramas and everything has just worked out well. We are not a couple who panic or worry about things too much so maybe that has helped!

We have rented out our house and we seem to keep renting it out not wanting to go back but we will one day...

If you would like to know any specifics, just email and we can chat there.

Meg and J
AnswerID: 566067

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:16

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:16
Hi Phillip

Can't help you on the BT side of things as we're in the same position as you and are planning our tour of Australia when we arrive next month. Regarding the mail question you can have your mail delivered to post offices around Australia by having people address them to

Your Name
Poste Restante
C/- General Post Office
City
AUSTRALIA

You need to enter the post code of the post office you require it to be sent to i.e. for Adelaide general post office it would be...

Your Name
Poste Restante
C/- General Post Office
ADELAIDE SA 5001
AUSTRALIA

You can then pay for any mail to forwarded on to the next post office where ever you are travelling to next.

Sasha x
AnswerID: 566068

Our Sponsors