Bushtracker 18 Update !!

Submitted: Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 06:28
ThreadID: 121871 Views:4271 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings all,

Due to the overwhelming e-mails and the phone running red hot permanently from Bushtracker owner friends ... I'll give all an update on the BT18 family.

Life for us is moving at a fast pace. Amy for example is already accepted to All Hallows Girls College on the strength of her academic ability at age 10 ..highest 4% of the state (Qld). She now plays saxophone (Both Alto and Tenor) in a jazz band and is in the Senior Band at school. She is also in the choir at school and has placed second in the school "Idol" singing competition. I'm having trouble just slowing her down !!! She is busy in her school life.

Work is as busy as ever ... Cindy has only one week off til X-mas this year !! We are having trouble finding a Locum as usual !! We have tried and tried to sleep in the Bushtracker since Copeton to no avail !!! We would rather see someone enjoy my beloved Tracker than see it sit idle and perhaps we were a little naive thinking we'd get to Ayer's Rock before semi-retiring ...with young children in tow and a busy practice to run.

Being old water-ski people from long ago we decided to take that up again with a vengeance ...Cindy has removed her custom built wood, 20 yr old skis from the shed and has been skiing since. We have been playing with a hypersport jetski that has 160hp and runs just a tad over 100kph ...scary stuff when you squeeze the throttle !!! The girls just love it ...they cant get enough !!! Cindy even obtained her boat licence and plays with the ski so much I cant get it off her !!! The girls really needed to play in salt water and have taken to it extremely well. Second HyperSport ski is already ordered as is new vehicle as a tow platform.

I have recently circum-navigated Stradbroke Island with it ... two bars crossings later (scared me I can tell you, in 1.7 metre seas on a bar) and two hours later ..all was well ! 255 jetskis went together and raised 10k for the Tsunami appeal ... I was glad to be a part of it !!!

We will Bushtracker again for sure .... kids older and settled ... I'd love a 21 built for two ... is that selfish ? Nah !!! I dont think so .... (smile)

Watch out ! I might be lurking at anytime !!!

Regards
Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:39

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:39
Keep lurking Anthony, and good luck to you and your family with your change of direction. Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566075

Reply By: Rockgoc - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 16:58

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 16:58
Anthony , Cindy and the gals, goodbye and good luck. And thanks for all your valuable help in our beginning when we were greenhorns and badly needed a friendly adviser.
Regards, Jan O & Easy
AnswerID: 566076

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 01:36

Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 01:36
Don't say goodbye, just see you later. As previous BT owners they are still able to be members of this group and contribute at and contribute at any time.

We saw the Jet ski just after they got it and it is better than a lot of small boats. Really looks good.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 844449

Our Sponsors