flat hoses

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:29
ThreadID: 121873 Views:4003 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
many of you have flat rollup hoses for space saving reasons whilst others say they inconvenient in that you have to fully roll them out to use what is the collective wisdom & experiences cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:58

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:58
We tried the flat out waste hose and found that when we let the water out of the sink that it couldn't flow down the hose quick enough and kitchen suds bubbled back up the shower outlet. It appears that the hose just wasn't opening up to allow the flow. We went back to the black ribbed hose and haven't had a problem since. We keep our waste hose in a rectangular plastic container in one side of front hatch. Advantage with flat hose is that it take less space.

We have also got a flat out water delivery hose along with blue plastic hose. We find that we now only use the flat out hose as an extension to the blue plastic hose for the reason that you mention above. You have to roll the whole lot out and flake it under van etc when the tap is close, but with the plastic you can just leave it in a coil at one end or the other. Both hoses take up about the same space.

Thats my two bobs worth. Having used flat hoses, I personally wouldn't bother with them again.

We now keep one of our power leads on the reel that came with waste hose.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566079

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 22:57

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 22:57
Hi Stephen & Deborah,

We use the flat hose for water intake to our tanks and when necessary from our 'Turtle' bladder (portable water tank).
We have found it works well, is easy to clean with a damp rag/chux whatever, if it gets gritty prior to winding back into its holder and is super efficient space wize.

Have used food grade hoses with previous vans and found it to be bulky and with a memory more ungainly and of course takes more space.

Wouldn't be without it....

Cheers,
Helen
AnswerID: 566080

Our Sponsors