mirrors

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:55
ThreadID: 121875 Views:3916 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
noticed that there is a distinct lack of mirrors inside most of the bushtrackers we have seen in the flesh or in photos is this a weight ( van that is ) thing are they suseptable to breaking??? what ???? cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:09

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:09
They are not a BTi option as far as I know, but I have seen some fitted by BTi.

What we did was bought our own from a local shower screen supplier and installed it ourselves using 8 screws instead of the normal 4 that would be in a house installation. Ours is a full length one that is attached to the wall on the outside of the shower. Margarets comment on our last trip was that we have a good full length mirror in the van, and now she wants a full length one in our house.

If we were getting another van, I would specify a mirrored linen cupboard door in the shower from BTi so that shaving is made easier.

We put a stick on mirror on our linen cupboard door.

Our full length mirror survived very rough roads in the Kimberley last year, and there is no reason why they should break, because if they are fixed to a solid wall, they have that wall to help support them.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 566088

Reply By: Oldperc - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:49

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:49
Stephen and Deborah.
Our mirror is 300mm x 1000mm glued to the wall out side the shower door. Probably in the same spot as Brian's.
Our's has been there for three years, no problems (yet!!) and been on some rough stuff.

I have installed a fold down mirror in the shower cabinet which I use for shaving inside.
I much prefer to shave outside using the external shower option.
regards
David

David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566089

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:32

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:32
Previous owners of our van glued on mirrors; to the shower (inside) wall, and inside the cupboards doors. They remain unscathed, despite the rought travels.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 566090

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:22

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:22
Hi Stephen & Deborah,

We picked up our 18'BT last June and BTi installed mirrors for us. One is set in bathroom cabinet door for shaving , makeup etc and I had one installed inside my wardrobe door. Have had no probs at all and as someone else said not always a smooth ride.
I'm sure if you put in request the guys will happily install for you. I did think of having 3/4 length mirror installed outside shower but could'nt really think of facing myself that often or cleaning it so went for the inside of wardrobe instead.
Prue
AnswerID: 566091

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 21:46

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 21:46
The Last Ranger at Bushtracker says:

"No matter where we would put mirrors for Clients, they would be in the wrong place...." Ha!

So, we leave that one for the Owners to organise... One we do if they request is a mirror in the ensuite in the linen/medicine locker waterproof door as an insert. We use the plastic mirror material in perspex, cut and fitted to the internals of the door. Seems to work pretty well, and will not fracture.

However, I have had good luck fixing on regular mirrors with twice the screws. It is up to the Owners to pick the spots, and live with the van for a while to pick the right spot and shop for the right mirror or deco frame to suit them...

Would suggest those are the two best options.
Cheers, stg
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566092

Our Sponsors