Hello New Member

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:03
ThreadID: 121883 Views:6889 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello I'm a new member so please bear with me. We're still currently living in the UK and heading out to Oz at the end of April. Before we settle down for good we plan to do a good tour of Oz and for our type of lifestyle we have been checking out the off road caravans. I'm sure I'm in the right forum to say that the Bushtrackers seem to beat most other off roaders hands down.

The problem or rather dilema is after talking to the Bushtracker factory we wouldn't be able to get a new one until October time but we would love to try and get hold of one before that. Do any of you know of anyone selling a 2nd hand Bushtracker that would sleep 2 adults and 2 kids which is very self sufficient? or do you all recommend that we wait until we can have one built for ourselves?

The problem is we were hoping to do the tour before we settled down anywhere and if we have to wiat until October then it would be unsettling for the kids to drag them away from their new friends, schools etc etc

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sasha x
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:41

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:41
You just missed out on an excellent one that one of our other members has purchased.

When you get out here you will find that there are quite a few second hand Bushtrackers being advertised for private sale all the time, and in fact "Griffin" on this site has just put his van and upgraded 80 Series Toyota up for sale as they are moving overseas for work. This particular van is in Sydney and has a number of up market items in it that many other Bushtrackers don't. I know it is set up for 2 adults and 2 kids so should suit your needs. Check the message number 1409 for details.

Below is a copy of the first part of that posting.

It's gotta be done. Our favourite Capaccino machine on Wheels, our beloved Warrior Poet, that beautiful Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove has got to be sold (new contract and time in Canada over the next two years means zero time on the road in the forseeable future - best laid plans etc etc).

Oct '03 20' yacht berth with lots of stuff as featured in Pictues - Griffyn - The Beast on this website and on the Bushtracker website (www.bushtracker.com Optional Equipment and also Interior). See also recent articles in Australian 4WD Monthly.

Will also sell as package with '92 Landcruiser Sahara Auto Turbo Diesel well set up with a ton of the right stuff (factory front & rear diff locks; uprated suspension; twin battery; compressor; sat nav; sat phone; rear view camera; seperate alternator for van batteries; rear cargo barrier; snorkle; extra set of wheels and tyres; Smart-Tire pressure/temperature sensors; fridge slide; Weight Distribution Gear etc etc). All ready for you to sit in and go - save yourself hundreds of man-hours getting another vehicle or van up to this level.

For full details on this van or van and 'Cruiser, drop me an email at marklapworth@hotmail.com or call 0414 446 858

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566110

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:47

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:47
Thanks Brian & Margaret

I've just tried to call Mark and left a message but I have also sent him an email as well as it does sound like exactly what we're looking for, especially with the landcruiser as well.

We will be looking at going off road quite a bit as hubbie loves to go paragliding and the best sites are mainly off the beaten track so we will need a good solid vehicle that could cope with towing the BT as well.

Thanks again

Sasha x

AnswerID: 566111

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:04

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:04
Also check out post 1399 Trisha had one for sale - don't know if still available, and post 1159 Tower Trackers - theirs is still listed on the caravanners forum for sale list.

We looked on websites for quite a while but didn't find what we wanted, so when we were almost ready to purchase, started buying the caravan trader magazine - look up link below for how to order. It had a few BTs from time to time, and that is how we found ours.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/portal/alias__carpointau/tabID__84008/DesktopDefault.aspx
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566112

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:19

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:19
Thanks Motherhen much appreciated :o)

I WILL FIND A WAY TO TOUR AUSTRALIA IN A BUSHTRACKER!!!!

Sasha x
AnswerID: 566113

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 16:27

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 16:27
We're still looking for a 2nd hand one if anyone can help us unfortunately even though Griffyn's van was perfect it sold on the weekend. Ideally a 20ft plus with a double and 2 bunks inside.

We are also considering getting one built from new as well. Is there any tips of advice any of you could give us about any options you wish you had put into your BT's at the time they were built?

Thanks again

Sasha x
AnswerID: 566114

Our Sponsors