Folding Clothes Line

Submitted: Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 07:38
ThreadID: 121895 Views:9134 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking to purchase a folding aluminium frame clothes line. I have viewed pictures in the gallery and have seen a set up that is likely to suit my needs. I have also seen something similar on a BT passing through town. They have been set up on the drivers side of the BT.
Is there someone who is able to provide details of a distributor and/or a product name where I can chase one down.
Regards,
David.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boystoy - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 22:02

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 22:02
David,

We bought a 4-arm Fiamma rotary clothesline from Camec. This unit has a bracket that we screwed to the front of the A frame.

The unit is clamped to the bracket and when removed, folds up to a package about 100mm in diameter.

Works well & we would recommend it. (The rotary clothes line does not rorate on the bracket). Can't remember the price but I think around $60.00

Neil & Pat
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566138

Reply By: Kalgoorlie Escapee - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:45

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:45
Maytow have a raft of goodies for caravaning. Bought the hydraulic jack with gauge (an essential for ball weight measurements) and saw clothes lines there. Have attached a quick link to help. There prices are the same as whether through the web or not. Hope this help.

http://www.maytow.com/clothes.htm
AnswerID: 566139

Reply By: Pixellator - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 02:45

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 02:45
Hi David
We bought a FLINBEX concertina style folding aluminium clothesline from CARAVAN SERVICES at Perrin Drive Underwood (Qld). Camec had problems with supply, and this was about 40% cheaper than Howards Storage. Can't find the invoice. We bought an extra set of mounting brackets, and BT fitted a set on each side of the van for us. This way we can catch the sun on either side, or have protection from the elements under the Awning. The clothesline comes in two widths.
Bst wishes
Bob
AnswerID: 566140

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 05:03

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 05:03
Punters,
Thanks for the replies so far.
I have seen concertina and rotary style lines and I feel with 3 chn and the bride I am likely to run out of space quickly with 5 bath towels and 5 swimming towels.
I am still interested to view the aluminium rectangular folding/paraline that is attached and folds on the side of the van.
Regards,
David.
AnswerID: 566141

Follow Up By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 21:50

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 21:50
David, the washing lines you are talking about were being made and fitted by a couple of Boggers by the name of Tunza and Mona (Greg and Helen Hirst). They were Queenslanders but my latest information is that they were heading out west at the beginning of the year and so could be anywhere by now. You might try sending them a member message and see if they respond.

At Copeton they were taking orders and I think from memory the price was around the $300 but don't quote me on that.

Angie
FollowupID: 844473

Follow Up By:- Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 22:21

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 22:21
Angie,
Thanks. It was their van that I spied the particular feature.
I am not gong anywhere in the near future and will await their return and see if I can arrange something then.
Regards,
David.
FollowupID: 844474

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 10:20

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 10:20
Hi guys, thought you might be interested to know that i am currently auctioning Flinbex teledryer 70cm on ebay. My username on ebay is mjw1079 aswell. Mention BOG and I'll cut $5 off the auction price! How's that for a deal?!
AnswerID: 566142

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 19:22

Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 19:22
Have a look at this one.

Mrs Peggs Handy Line

Manufacture time can be a little slow if he has no stock - a one-man-band. Has enough business without much advertising.

Can't really be attached to the side of a van, but can be moved into the sun / breeze!!

Folds flat, so storage might be a little awkward. But will take double sheets no problem. Sizes etc in Product Details.

No connection, a friend living in a unit just got one, and I found it to be well made and good value.

Ken
AnswerID: 566143

Our Sponsors