Having a new one built

Submitted: Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 05:28
ThreadID: 121904 Views:3852 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone

As we haven't had much joy in findign a 2nd hand BT for sale that has the double bunks (for the kids) and a double bed, as we keep missing them, we have been looking at other options. We still keep coming back to the BT being the ideal van for us and are now looking at having one built.

We have tried to email the factory but so far no answer and even tried ringing them up but was told that Steve was at a caravan show in Sydney and eventually we were put on hold only to be cut off.....so no joy so far there with them.

Anyway before we speak to them can I ask you all if there was anything you wish you had built into your new van at the time or any tips that would help us have a self sufficient BT van to travel around Australia?

Thanks any advice would be appreciated.

Sasha
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:24

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:24
I would choose a 2 door fridge freezer. Our BT has a caravan fridge with small freezer within. We met someone with a 1998 built BT on the road, and they had the bigger fridge & freezer. It is also 12 volt only - I would choose 12 - 240 volt. We have no 12 volt outlets - need these. These choices may be the norm in the modern vans - ours was 1998 built. I thought the first BT we ever saw had 3 solar panels and one solar hot water panel - now that would be better than lighting the gas for a shower. Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566173

Follow Up By:- Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:33

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:33
Thanks Motherhen I will certainly put those down our list of wants!

Sasha
FollowupID: 844481

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:53

Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:53
And as mentioned be others below - i would choose also an outside shower - and we travel without children!
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 844482

Follow Up By:- Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:17

Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:17
Hi Motherhen yes we have definately got that one our our list :o)

Sasha
FollowupID: 844483

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 19:39

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 19:39
Sasha,
Steven Gibbs here, Director, Bushtracker

I trully do not fathom where you have gotten these ideas, but you have gone down a wrong track, let me help you..... As this is a bit of a puzzle.... Here are the Facts:

I am here at the Factory, I did not go to Sydney....
I have sent you FOUR Emails which I am going to put all together again, and send them in Mass to you this Monday Morning... I have sent you a wonderful collection of pictures with each one, and maybe your Server just will not send them out to you or something, maybe they are too large?? So I will omit the pictures this time...

And if anyone here "cut you off" on the phone, while you were on Hold, it was purely accidental. You may have been left on hold while we were paging someone like myself to attend the phone, but no one would have cut you off intentionally... We do not operate that way. While it could have happened, as most of our Office Staff is at the Sydney Show and we are very busy here, it would have been an accident... Would suggest you check your Email this morning, and you will have a full set of instructions, a Gear List Worksheet, and whole lot of help on how to go about this.

We did not follow up on you as we assumed you were just making up your mind in process, and we do not "Bug" people. Your Server must just have not sent you the Emails, because of the size with the pictures, or there is something wrong with your Computer.... During that same time, a half dozen others went through the process of ordering last week without a hitch... Will send it all again.... Right now...

Kind Regards, Bushtracker
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566174

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 20:53

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 20:53
Sasha,
da "Lone Ranger" here,
You have been sent the previous emails that were sent to you (Four of in the last 7 to 10 days) that have gone missing. It appears that you did not get them either because they were too big for your Server... OR You have some SPAM or Security features or Firewall that censored them out due to the pictures or the size of the file on the four layouts sent to you... We take good care of Customers and you should always get responses within 24 hours...

I am not happy doing this detail on the BOG site, but it seems to be the only way we are getting through to you in England. Unless you acknowledge receipt of the instructions, help documents, gear list work sheets, and Layouts sent by email; we will call you by phone... It is Midnight in England right now, so we will wait until 5PM here as we are GMT plus 10 hours in Australia... That will be 7 AM in England, a bit early, but there is the reason why............

Cheers, and Good Morning, from Bushtracker
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566175

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:53

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:53
Sorry Steve I wasn't being funny about it just getting very frustrated trying to find out information, I will give you a call now so we can have a chat.

Sasha
FollowupID: 844484

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:31

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:31
Thanks for the chat Steve very strange about the emails but hopefully we can sort it out now. We are looking forward to having our BIG read up tonight catching up with the emails you have sent through - much appreciated.

Sasha
FollowupID: 844485

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 22:36

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 22:36
Hi Sasha
AnswerID: 566176

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 22:45

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 22:45
Hi Sasha
We have a 21' BT with bunks in the rear for our 3 sons (5r old + almost 3yr old twins). I would reccomend getting a telly on a movable arm so you can swing the telly around so the kids can watch telly/dvd/playstation from their bunks when some quiet time is need or weather yuk. We actually have two flatscreen tv's so the boys can watch a dvd up their end on a fixed screen , and we can watch the news on the other while doing dinner etc.

Depending on the ages and mucky play factor of your kids, I would also advise thinking about getting an external shower. Our boys can get pretty dirty and sandy and the outside shower is very handy for washing them down before getting into the van.

Our Bushtracker has survived our boys so far, a testament to the true toughness and great build quality of Bushtrackers.

Regards
Tassietracker5
AnswerID: 566177

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:29

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:29
Thanks Tassietracker5 we will certainly take your comments on board. Our two girls are 4 and 6 but seeing as you have 3 boys I'm glad you know where I'm coming from as in needing something that will last and is a bit tough :o)

I do like the idea of having an outdoor shower for sure and having 2 tv's.

Sasha
FollowupID: 844486

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:17

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:17
Well the latest is that I now have all my backdated emails from Steve sent to a different address as my other one must of been rejecting them (sorry for the confusion Steve) and we are going ahead with having a new one built.

Very very excited about it all now and after receiving all the information from Steve and the advice we are even more sure the BT is the best out there. Have to say it all seems a very straight forward process with their expert guidance.

We've decided to bring our flights forward so we can go to the factory and have a good look around so hopefully we will be out there next week.......lots of packing to do for us but at least most of the house is now in storage and only have to throw away the rest or pack it in suitcases :o)

Looking forward to meeting you all at a get together later in the year with our new BT van!

Sasha
AnswerID: 566178

Our Sponsors