exploroz site

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 22:38
ThreadID: 121915 Views:3848 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
be interested in any feed back regarding the rating system for degree of difficulty for various treks that are listed n the oz site cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:46

Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:46
Some months ago i asked explozor to consider caravans in their ratings, which is difficult, considering there are caravans and caravans, then there are bushtrackers. After our conversation, Michelle on the spot (rather late at night when she should have been asleep before the baby woke up) added the wording caravans and trailers to the ratings. Of course it would depend on why a particular rating had been selected. Some easy ones may preclude us because of for example low branches, or some harder ones may be OK. At least it is a guide. I would love this site to be used more for travellers tales of where they did get there BTs, or what stopped them and where. Turning around when we get there can be another drama or total preclusion; we've had some pretty hard turnarounds, and may have missed good spots for fear of getting stuck. What have you found? Have you used the trek notes? Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 566204

Follow Up By: Freewheelers - Saturday, Apr 16, 2005 at 02:34

Saturday, Apr 16, 2005 at 02:34
motherhen i agree it would be terrific if the site had a trek type area specific to caravan type locations
as an interim follow up notes can be posted with exploroz perhaps these followupscould have a standard heading or first line that mentions caravans

haven't used the notes to date hence the question have done some of the trips over the years as campers but obviously with different eyes

cheers
Stephen & Deborah

FollowupID: 844500

Our Sponsors