Who's in SW WA? BT seen today

Submitted: Monday, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:40
ThreadID: 121930 Views:3768 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi - was it any of the BOGGERS we saw heading North towards Williams on the Albany Highway around 2 pm this (Sunday) afternoon? We don't see many BTs here in the SW. We were heading South and didn't even see what state the rig was from.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 18:23

Wednesday, Apr 27, 2005 at 18:23
I bet they didn't have their CB radio on either. Every time we see a BT I get excited and call on the CB and to no a vale their CB is off.
Very disappointing
Lorraine
AnswerID: 566229

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:13

Thursday, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:13
As we didn't have the 2way on, by the time we fumbled and called we were over a hill. When traveling with our BT in January, we saw two BTs and tried them on 40 to no avail - then too far away to try 18. Always going in the opposite direction so they get away fast, so didn't have time to try another channel. We have a big 40 on the back of our van, and were very pleased to be called up by F-trrop CAFE when we were away.

The only other BT-ers we met when we were on holidays was by lucky chance when we pulled into a rest area, and there was a BT of similar vintage to ours having lunch. They have been on the road for 7 years.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 844510

Our Sponsors